Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Importing from the UK - an experiment!

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Well, if that happens, I suppose I'll have to treat it like interest free credit :D (but maybe without the interest free :confused: )

What did they base your tax bill on? Was it the invoice total?

I have had a mail from the man at www.canadianpaintball.com saying my kit should ship on Thursday (Canadian time) by Canadian Post Air Insured so I guess it will be at least another week before I even see the kit...

Phantom

Apr 25, 2002
Leeds Yorkshire UK
Visit site
import tax

The tax is on the total cost including delievery cost !!
I bought some software for about £30 with the delievery charge and the import tax it worked out to around £70.
But i got it 5 months before it was released over here.

It may seem alot but i rang the tax people to question it and she explained that if the total cost is over a certain amount you get taxed and the minimium import tax charge is around £25.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Well, I may be in luck, we'll have to see, as Canadian Paintball only send there invoices by email and don't include them in the parcel...

Guess we'll have to see.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Yes, will do.

Email correspondence so far has been excellent. My only complaint so far is the amount of time it has taken to ship my order. I ordered on the 9th and the kit still hasn't been shipped (over 10 days later), although Sean (the bloke from there) has told me that my order will ship Thursday , which is today for us, but sometime tomorrow for them!

I will certainly let you know when the kit ships, arrives, and any subsequent tax bills etc...

If you want stuff in a hurry, www.paintball-online.com worked out cheapest (although they can take a few days to give you a firm cost shipping wise) and deliver within 3 days by Fed Ex

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
Originally posted by Benfrain

If you want stuff in a hurry, www.paintball-online.com worked out cheapest (although they can take a few days to give you a firm cost shipping wise) and deliver within 3 days by Fed Ex
Soz never touching these guys again got stung baddly buy them

Order some stuff for myself and the team then got charged £50 to ship it then stung for another £50 by their shipping company.

So my £150 worth of goods ended up costing £250.

Then asked them for a quote on shipping on a pair of trousers and a top and they wanted £50 for that so never again unfortunatelly.

But I have heard nothing but good things about canadianpaintball and Sean was quick to reply to my mails just a case of waiting till their site is up and running again (looks like they are updating it) + they seem to also have a lot of stuff which isn't listed.