Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

improving speed

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Sorry was just checking the results of some of the latest research I got early this week.

Basically has been theorised that cramping could be more likely to occur in those of us that have done in adequate stretching and flexing of certain joints and this has lead to a slight fault i the joint.

If you do get cramp obvious stop what ever it is that caused (fighting through the pain makes it worse, if you are balling tell the marshal) the cramp. Then apply heat if poss and slowly massage and stretch the muscle (if you can't apply direct heat use a deep heat cream or spray).

To help prevent future cramps better overall fitness is a very good start and then always try to stay very hydrated while playing if you can take a isotonic drink (not lucosade energy it has too much sugar, take lucosade sport or powerade) this helps with the chemical imbalance i mentioned.

If you are very frequently getting cramps go to your doctor as they can sometimes be a sign of something more serious.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
I am glad to hear they are clean, if his brother is on them for medical reasons then fair enough, normally due to a muscle deteriation problem.

The biggest a clean athlete can used to be strongmen but hardly any of them are clean any more so you are looking at more the large Rugby player or Natural bodybuilder, not american football steroids are a major problem over there at the moment, some of there usage there is unlike what you could ever imagine.

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
i know in my gym we have a guy whos a steroid junkie hes benchin 70kg dumbells per arm ridiculous weight and his arms are the size of me, but that size is to big, i try to eat little meals 7 times a day like a couple of chicken breasts or small bowl of pasta dependin where i am etc,

steroids in my town are gettin more common each day il go to my gym and get approached by muscle bound tits, and the ytry ell me them many a time have i had to threaten them not to bring them into the gym or try sell them there, size aint everyting its how you use what you have, if i get into paintball tournies i might slim a bit to give me that slimline line and be a harder target

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
70kg per arm is doable without steroids but it is right at the upper limit.

Some gyms do have prolifict drug outlets in them is a real shame.

About the meals there is no real need to have 7 small ones per day and if your having a few chicken breasts each time you will be going miles over what you need. As I said the body builders look at diet is very different to what the most effect way actually is.

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
i dont eat just chicken i prob have that once every 3 dys tops i find it works for me 2 keep my protein levels at a stable amount as i have a high motabliseim(spell check please) this guy on steroids hs been doing it about a year that from startin gym to this day

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by john251282
Sorry was just checking the results of some of the latest research I got early this week.

Basically has been theorised that cramping could be more likely to occur in those of us that have done in adequate stretching and flexing of certain joints and this has lead to a slight fault i the joint.

If you do get cramp obvious stop what ever it is that caused (fighting through the pain makes it worse, if you are balling tell the marshal) the cramp. Then apply heat if poss and slowly massage and stretch the muscle (if you can't apply direct heat use a deep heat cream or spray).

To help prevent future cramps better overall fitness is a very good start and then always try to stay very hydrated while playing if you can take a isotonic drink (not lucosade energy it has too much sugar, take lucosade sport or powerade) this helps with the chemical imbalance i mentioned.

If you are very frequently getting cramps go to your doctor as they can sometimes be a sign of something more serious.
Yeah..I heard its an idea to keep salt levels up as well..I think I was drinking Locozade sport..I think...gota slight twinge in my calf last sunday, but...i just chilled for a bit..and was ok.
Have had it before, walking back from a game where I was crouched for a while..just walking along..all of a sudden, im on the deck, in agony...whole leg had gone nuts...wasnt very pleasant!
As I said, im not unfit...my job is farily active (climbing around) but im not fit, and i do smoke, dont really drink though.

I dont get them anything like "often", but, knowing how painfull they are, I would prefer not to get them!
Balling is the most active thing I do...other hobbies are less..fertive, hunting and shooting etc..so..still oudoors...but, my body isnt used to running etc.

I do try an warm up, stretches etc, but a link to a sit with suitable stretches an ddutrations would be helpful.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Yes those are the joys of steroids but when he has renal failure in a few years he might not think so. It is also unlikely that you metabolism is much different from anyone else your age. There is also no need at all to keep protein levels stable they just need to be relatively high at the right points.

Skeet What part of the leg is it that normally cramps, yes things like holding unusual positions also vastly increase the chance of cramping such as crouching at a bunker. And I am sure giving up smoking would not do you any harm either

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
i keep it stable as with my job i dont know when i will be able to train so have the protein if need be i uselly use the prison gym if i cant make it its just a precaution thing asi will always train but it depends when lol

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by john251282
Yes those are the joys of steroids but when he has renal failure in a few years he might not think so. It is also unlikely that you metabolism is much different from anyone else your age. There is also no need at all to keep protein levels stable they just need to be relatively high at the right points.

Skeet What part of the leg is it that normally cramps, yes things like holding unusual positions also vastly increase the chance of cramping such as crouching at a bunker. And I am sure giving up smoking would not do you any harm either
Well...has been my calf muscle mainly...liek isay, its not a common thing.

The pharmacy suggested "Crampex" i think it was called...not sure weather its preventative or nto.
Lucozade sport is what I use...squueeze bottle type..is taht any good...?
What about red bull...any benefits?