Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

In what order should I buy gear/ guns?

Kieran snow

Returning Newbie
Aug 16, 2016
Cambridge
I'm wanting to play speedball and I've already bought i4's and have made a list of what I need next. However, I do not know the order to buy things in. Please help

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
There is no real order but you have definitely purchased the most important piece of equipment first.

My advice, if you haven't already decided in which marker to buy would frequent your local walkon or shop and see what they have, try a few out, speak to a few people who play/know about the game and use that information (and your wallet) to make a decision.

The most important thing is to leave yourself money to actually play, that may sound stupid but a high percentage of new players spend all their money on the nice kit and then can't afford to use it. It's much better playing in a hoodie and old trousers and playing every few weeks than having the stuff but playing every 3 months.

thomasbear

Aug 12, 2014
Milton keynes
Sid is bang on when he says you got the most important part and that's the mask. Also leave yourself money to play with it. The next I'd personally say is to get a half decent marker as after that you can then budget for the rest of your kit. As tanks hoppers pods pack are relatively in cheap if you go for the cheaper options the upgrade bit by bit over time (deepending on budget). An normally if hopper goes down at your local walk on etc there will generally be some nice players could lend you a rotor or something for the day just to get you through.

Reactions: Kieran snow

Kieran snow

Returning Newbie
Aug 16, 2016
Cambridge
I've got about £150 a month free for paintball. Bzpaintball do a package with a GOG enmy for under that, or should I just save and get a proto rail maxxed?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Buying in an order of priority is based on someone in a position to put their budget in a bit at a time, and continue to use rental or borrowed gear until they put it all together

There isn't a need to buy that one bit at a time as you can just as well continue to rent whilst saving the money each month then get a bundle deal once you have the budget
There are listed bundles buy you can also speak to a retailer like bz and they will offer a deal on any custom package - make it worth their while to give you a saving by buying it all in one go

For the hopper the Proto primo is the absolute minimum I would recommend. It's a gravity hopper with a shelf to minimize stack jams. It's no good in speedball
I recommend a halo too as a budget force feed hopper, which isn't quick to strip as the more premium hoppers but is capable of the fire rates in speedball

For an air cylinder a fibre wrap gives you the capability of taking 4500psi (if available) and a curved base to roll in your shoulder - at about £150 new

A basic aluminium will be about £30 new and is perfectly adequate, it has a flat base so won't roll in your shoulder but can still be used in the same way

Actual gun choice is personal and budget related. Second hand will take your money further, but new gives you full support and warranty

Reactions: Kieran snow

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
Its ok as a starter electro but the rize would be better. This guys second hand DM12 would destroy both though for roughly the same money,

http://www.sellyourpaintballgear.co.uk/used-paintball-guns/dye-dm12-with-mask-and-500balls.html
Only problem is it needs new grips and you will have to get them from the USA for about $35
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/dye-nt-grips

Add a steelie bottle £35

http://www.justpaintball.co.uk/air-co2/air-systems-regulators-for-paintball/3000psi-0-8l-air-system.html?___SID=U

Invert Halo 2 £55

http://www.justpaintball.co.uk/hoppers-loaders/empire-hoppers-loaders/invert-halo-too-black.html?___SID=U

You should be sorted with no real need to upgrade soon except to buy a tighter bore barrel as tournament paint is getting very small (I used a .679 bore in my freak kit last outing as the redemption pro paint was so small and didnt get one burst).

You NEED an elecro hopper to play speedball the primo will not cut it at all ( i have one, fine for woodsball fun but thats it).

Vorner23

Jun 7, 2016
Halo 2 rules. Then you need to buy more paintball guns .I have a back up for my back up gun... But friends are borrowing both for our next outing... So the sensible answer is to buy moar guns! Or just a well fitted pod pack, maybe you should get that?