Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Inferno field vs Tippmann 98 marker

AirGuitar

May 14, 2009
New to Paintball, waat to start getting my own kit, have seen a few Markers out there, dont have a lot of experince so just looking for advise on a good starter gun / packages

these are two that i have seen want to know from people that have an inferno or tippmann 98 marker about what they think is the best to go for.

Have seen The Inferno Field for around £74
http://www.shop.justpaintball.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Ex-Site_Inferno_Field_with_Accessories.html

but also seen a Tippmann 98 marker package (marker 2nd hand) for £117
http://www.shop.justpaintball.co.uk/acatalog/Ex-Site_Tippmann_98_with_BRAND_NEW_Accessories.html

the packages come with Co2 ut can PSi be used on these as well? as i like the idea of having teh bottle on my back.

Thanks for your help.

AirGuitar

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly I would ask which kind of Paintball are you thinking of doing?

Sup - Air?
Scenario?
Walk On?

etc.

Based on that people will be better placed to advise you on kit and where to get it.
Keep an eye on the classifieds of this forum as plenty of bargains to be had.

And finally.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Paintball.

AirGuitar

May 14, 2009
Hey,

thanks for the welcome, im guessing i be aiming at Scenario rather than walk on. was Sup - Air? just a greeting lol.

just prob looking for a good versatile gun, good range etc, i also seen a BT 4 Combat - i like the idea of mods lol.

hope get some good advice.

cheers

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
If Scenario/Mil sim is your thing then the BT4 or tipmann 98 customs seem to be the popular route to go.

Sup-Air is tournament paintball where the game is played on an open field, with "bouncy" castle like obstacles to hide behind. watch this small video on youtube of a game in the US to get a better idea.

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
Hi mate welcome. First thing i'd ask is if you are intending to be balling at normal centres like Delta Force where kit is rented out? If you are, then i can't see much point in buying the inferno, as for the price of a few quid they'll lend you one? Tippmann 98s are very respectable for woodsball as Rat has said.

If you were looking at getting into Sup Air paintball then you'd want to be looking more at an electronic marker. It will be more expensive but these forums are a great place to get cheap gear.

Oh and I had a good giggle at "was Sup - Air? just a greeting lol." That would make a great signature :)

Dicorpo

Feb 17, 2006
If its scenario you're looking at, and you can see youself keeping this up, I'd say splash out a little bit more and get something that you won't have to upgrade anytime soon (unlike the Tippmann98 or the Inferno) I'd suggest a Tippmann A-5 or X-7. The customisability of those two markers is unreal, high performance and reliable, great scenario markers.

DBiggaFigga

SPS - First 9
Mar 27, 2009
East London
Also if you are after a scenario marker a Smart Parts SP1 is a nice starter marker. It's an electro with a Milsim body and is more than fast enough for Scenario play straight out of the box. You can put a stock on them and they have loads of rails for attaching stuff to (tac lights, sights, lasers etc...).

One of these will set you back between £100 - £160 depending on where you get it and whether or not it is new or secondhand. You get alot for the money and you will spend alot more cash trying to get a Tippmann 98 to look the way you may want it and perform anywhere near as well.

But everyone has different opinions and as I say you will get tons of scenario advice over on UKScenario.com.

DBF

AirGuitar

May 14, 2009
First thing i'd ask is if you are intending to be balling at normal centres like Delta Force where kit is rented out?
yeah prob play at delta / campagin type places - so prob best to steer clear of the inferno.

thx 4 advise so far

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
He's saying if you're going to a place where you'll be paying the same price as rentals (ie. not a walkon or a biggame etc) then there's no real point in buying your own marker, as with the budget you seem to have there's no real advantage to buying one and you'll be a lot of money down. :)

I suggest you look into doing walkons, there's plenty of woodsball walkons around which can vary between £40 - 50 for a box (2000) paintballs and entry as opposed to £7 per 100 which you get when renting ;)