Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Info gathering on possibly starting up a new Bristol tournie...

Geoff lee 01

Apr 10, 2009
I'm just testing the water as we're currently thinking about starting up a new tournie in the Bristol area...

I want to know, what would people would like from a tournie?
Ramping, semi-automatic?
Balls per second?
How often and when in the month?
5 or 7 man?

I'm just playing with some ideas at the moment and any feedback or suggestions would be very welcome?

Cheers,

Geoff

liambroad

Guarding The Dead Box
Jan 11, 2009
Cardiff butt
Sweet !
I go with 7 man (for a change) but 5 mans cool
Millenium ramping
at least once a month

Would this site be open for training ?

DEADEYEx54x

A blast from the past...
Feb 19, 2007
Bristol (U.K).
The problem here is that there are already some well thought out Tournament Leagues already set in place, O.K. I admit that one near home would be AWESOME but i it kicks of well then great!

Bring the American Game over hear or bring back good old style X-Ball :D.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Well it depends on what sort of teams you want attending. If you wanted some of the big names to come down (thus sparking immediate interest in the hordes) then it would make sense to have the format for whatever it is the big names play i.e Millennium Series xball, and have the field set up for their next Euro event.

For example, when we were in full swing, we used to train twice a month (sourcing a venue which had the next Millennium field) play a domestic event (again preferably with the MS field) and play the Millennium event.

My 2p, all the best

bbarathy

boBToo
Jul 3, 2006
Somerset UK
Would be good to see something happening back in the West as a don't believe there is anything much in the way of events at the mo. I would stick to 5 man Sup'air so that maybe teams can use it almost as a training ground for other (bigger) events; at least to get you started. My team (Kinetic) is committed to the NSPL for the 2010 season so couldn't support anything else that clashed date-wise. Personally I would love to do something semi only, i.e. no ramping but that's just me.

It would also be good to encourage some new teams into the sport, especially in the Southwest region as there is bugger all here at the moment. Bristol is a big city but how many teams are based there?

soap

Jan 24, 2010
This is a tough one, i'd say stick to the ramping at 10.5bps
There is a few tourney series already running Millenium formats (cpps, southern masters, midland masters, nspl) so maybe another format maybe 7 man (could use millenium fields as previously discussed) then it would be a win win for the teams entering MS.
ok so 7 man might not work on the MS fields but i think you want to bring something "new/different" to the market to get excited.
alsong as there is "value" then all will be good