Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Inter University Tourney.

Bunka Monky

Oct 2, 2002
www.ukpaintball.co.uk
Hey guys looks like the league has sort of petered out a bit so portsmouth uni have decided to host a one off event and hopefully brum will hold one later in the year.

Date: Saturday 2nd December
Format: Standard 5-Man, 10 Teams, 9 Games
Field: CPL Field
Rules: Full millennium rules, ramping allowed.
Players must represent their own university (Mixed uni teams will only
be considered if their are places left)
Paint: Site paint only, no BYO paint, £25 a box draxxus rec.
Price: £125 per team. An address for payment will be posted on return to uni.
Accomodation:Camping is available on site for £2.50 per person per night, alternativly there is a travelodge just down the road.
Party: We plan on going out for a few social beers after the tourney on saturday night, no union tho im afraid.
Marshals: Portsmouth uni will be marshalling the event.
Prizes: Trophies and shiny things will be dished out :)

This should be a really good event guys and a great start to the year, also a chance to give your freshers an introduction to tournament paintball.
If youve got questions or queries feel free to PM me, email me on danielhillsmith@hotmail.com or call on 07763 876538.

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Considering the nature of the players (students) and they're cash flow situation I think semi would be more attractive than ramping. Some uni's might not attend if they can only get a scratch team together that would otherwise gladly attend with semi only markers.

I would probably not waste my time going to a ramping event if I was with a scratch team of uni players who were mainly only capable of shooting semi only guns. I wouldn't introduce freshers to a ramping paintball event on their first go.

Apart from that, great venue, good paint prices and reasonable entry. Should be a good day.

Michael Merola

bust 3 hoppers in 1 day!
Aug 17, 2004
Milton Keynes / Birmingham
Bad news if it has fizzled out because it directly affects my budget this year, no league = about £500 less!

Tryed to contact Steve but no reponse as of yet (a very busy man though)

Anyone else got any info?

Here you are, taken from another forum:

steve hancock said:
Hi Guys, due to the harrowing events of my divorce this summer (involving a day in the cells due to some malicious allegations) things were on hold fo a while. I had hoped to get things going again now that everything has settled down. However work has gotten in the way so I have gotten an assistant who will be doing all the leg work that i've been falling behind with. Everythings in place just need to call round and get everyone on board.

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Hey guys looks like the league has sort of petered out a bit so portsmouth uni have decided to host a one off event and hopefully brum will hold one later in the year.

Date: Saturday 2nd December
Format: Standard 5-Man, 10 Teams, 9 Games
Field: CPL Field
Rules: Full millennium rules, ramping allowed.
Players must represent their own university (Mixed uni teams will only
be considered if their are places left)
Paint: Site paint only, no BYO paint, £25 a box draxxus rec.
Price: £125 per team. An address for payment will be posted on return to uni.
Accomodation:Camping is available on site for £2.50 per person per night, alternativly there is a travelodge just down the road.
Party: We plan on going out for a few social beers after the tourney on saturday night, no union tho im afraid.
Marshals: Portsmouth uni will be marshalling the event.
Prizes: Trophies and shiny things will be dished out :)

This should be a really good event guys and a great start to the year, also a chance to give your freshers an introduction to tournament paintball.
If youve got questions or queries feel free to PM me, email me on danielhillsmith@hotmail.com or call on 07763 876538.

Not sure what is happening but if thats the case sounds like a good idea if the league isn't happening. If there is a space maybe the barbarians could have a priory pick?

Ginja

Dyslexic Brians
Feb 12, 2006
Reading
Visit site
can someone update the main uni thread with the information. Did not realise the league was no longer going ahead. Does it look to be that random uni only events will be held attempting to follow the rules that were debated last year?