Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Internal polishing

Discussion in 'Speak your Brains' started by True shooter, Jan 28, 2017.

1. True shooter Member

True shooter
    Message Count:
    Now I'm seriously knew to paintballing,thanks I've not even got a setup yet so there may be no need for this.

Basically I shoot air rifles Aswell as the bigger rifles but we blueprint and Polish all the internals especially in air rifles to get them alot more consistent. For example my air rifle does 3 fps spread over 50 shots which I achieved from basically polishing the sear springs and hammer. Is this done with markers Aswell, I know accuracy isn't as crucial in pb but every bit has got to help. And when I say Polish, I mean mirror finish

2. Sid Sidgwick North East Killers-Lethal Bizzle

Sid Sidgwick
    Message Count:
    The quality of our shots is so vastly dependant in the quality of the paint the cleanliness of the inside of your barrel doesn't make a huge difference (obviously covered in mud/paint inside does make a difference)

3. True shooter Member

True shooter
    Message Count:
    Not so much the barrel more the hammer and sears

4. GRIMLOCK Well-Known Member

GRIMLOCK
    Message Count:
    Not many modern markers and certainly not electro pneumatic still have hammers and Sears

5. GRIMLOCK Well-Known Member

GRIMLOCK
    Message Count:
    And because the markers are almost entirely airtight there's only really contact between moving parts by greased rubber/metal

True shooter likes this.
  6. True shooter Member

True shooter
    Message Count:
    Wasn't sure if it would of helped. I think I was more pointed towards magfed lads especially now fsr have been approved

7. GRIMLOCK Well-Known Member

GRIMLOCK
    Message Count:
    It may possibly help in some cases but most marker companies have good tolerances as standard