Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Interview with Marcus Davis - One of the Most Successful Brits of All Time !!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Chris,
as Adam [Bolter] suggests, you are more than welcome to open a thread and chat to your heart's delight as 'd be interested to see what Yank sees for our future over here in Europe with the backdrop of the US recession wreaking havoc with their game.

If you want to talk to Marcus, I can also arrange that if you want.

chrisshanks

Jan 30, 2007
Chris,
as Adam [Bolter] suggests, you are more than welcome to open a thread and chat to your heart's delight as 'd be interested to see what Yank sees for our future over here in Europe with the backdrop of the US recession wreaking havoc with their game.

If you want to talk to Marcus, I can also arrange that if you want.
that's an exciting offer to talk to Marcus, I would take you up on that for sure

I will post a few more pictures of the marker (though I do not want to jack the thread) I have a Predator 'series' cocker, that I have barley managed to save & bring to original condition also

as far as the future of UK paintball, we don't have all the answers, but we have quite a few ideas... unfortunately, they are non-tournament related. I will browse some of the threads on this to see where I could chime in, unless you guys could recomend a few

this is a picture I took today of the two of them... I've done my best to get them "period-correct" right down to the frame screws! obviously Marcus' input would support the most accurate I could get them

this is the Exploded view I took to provide to Belsales, so they could confirm that all the parts and peices were in fact accurate

I've cleaned every single thread, flushed every crevice, etc...

Belsales actually supplied me with an official certificate of authenticity confirming all the peices are consistant, I am not looking to sell these, but preserve them for their history. I have desperately looked high & low for a DAC barrel to no avail

how AWESOME would it be if I could get Marcus to sign the Belsales Certificate or the gun... even some history of it with the team would be great for me to share with on-lookers!

-chris

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
as far as the future of UK paintball, we don't have all the answers, but we have quite a few ideas... unfortunately, they are non-tournament related. I will browse some of the threads on this to see where I could chime in, unless you guys could recomend a few
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?140989-Is-tournament-paintball-heading-in-the-right-direction

heres one for a starter :) dont feel you HAVE to post, not expecting a miracle answer from you :)

Guns are SICK! Still have a green shroud from my first cocker somewhere knocking around. Sadly the only piece I have left of it. You've done some great work with your two, and Im sure Marcus will be interested in there whereabouts.

Reactions: chrisshanks

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
I just found this thread.

I'll confess that at the beginning I wasn't sure I wanted to listen to two hours of you guys... :) but I am glad I did. I really enjoyed it, and I have been thinking about similar issues with paintball for a while. It brought back a LOT of great memories.

I stopped playing tournaments for many of the same reasons you guys discussed. I'm too big, old and slow, and it sucks getting lit up and overshot by some little kids that don't know how to control or look after the technology they have in their hands.

I find myself back in the woods (more often that not playing with a pump) and enjoying myself again. I'm only playing recreationally but have been itching to play tournaments again.

Some part of competition paintball (local and national level, I know Tom Cole is doing the UWL) needs to recover that aspect. We need more local woodsball tournaments all across the globe.

I also found it interesting when he mentions taking care of his equipment and looking to have a competitive advantage.

That's so rare nowadays. Most lower division players and rec players know more about their equipment and how to make it work at it's best than the pro players do.

I'm so often stunned by how badly the Pro's have their equipment. Sometimes it's amazing that they even win. Teams that have support and look after their equipment do have an advantage, but from the time I spend working in the pits it often seems to be an afterthought for many of them.

EDIT: p.s. I have for the last year or so been looking to pick up a nice Predator Cocker. If anyone knows of one, or wants to work out a trade let me know. :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Si, I'd like to know the ratio of old players to new players who read and enjoyed this thread coz I kinda suspect a lot of the new blood wouldn't be that interested and the ones who are, are the guys who have been around for a long time ......

I'd love to think the new guys would find something in it but I'd be surprised if it were so ....

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
That's a good question. Not sure how you will get your answer to that one. Hopefully some will comment.

I think there is a huge amount of information in there and good advice that would apply to new and old players like. There's definitely knowledge and advice that I think would benefit many people playing right now in the modern tournament formats.

Oh and I especially appreciated the way you guys made sure you wore matching outfits for the interview. :D

Do you mind if I cross post the video links to some other forums where I think people may be interested?

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Si, I'd like to know the ratio of old players to new players who read and enjoyed this thread coz I kinda suspect a lot of the new blood wouldn't be that interested and the ones who are, are the guys who have been around for a long time ......

I'd love to think the new guys would find something in it but I'd be surprised if it were so ....
All the stuff in the interview happened a decade before I started playing paintball but I loved it ,from the voyeur perspective ,what's not to love about old paintball war stories.

Certainly the general explanation of why The Preds were the winning-ist should strike a chord with any baller as regards technical advantages ,mindset ,training etc, but for the brand new guys all that stuff was advocated at a later date by the likes of Sergey and yourself.

There is something to be gained for everybody in that interview it just depends what you want to take from it.

R.J.

Jan 25, 2008
Middle Tennessee
Necro post

Knew the Pred's when they were known as the battle zone predators, great group of folks.
Marcus was one of the best player/team leaders that I ever met.

I still have thier first team patch on my gear.

I do not know much of what went on from 90 on as I dropped out of tourney ball in 90.

RJ
Nashville RidgeRunner

shiney

Jun 1, 2012
dagenham essex
hi guy's i was one of the preds from the start ,me and marcus met in bad company then left to form the preds.
iwould love to meet up with them again because i lost touch after afew years, ive still got my red pred jacket .
i can also confirm that is marcus's gun as he had a few lol,he did have a chrome camo gun which was well made a one off .
i will now check this now that i know where to look so please leave messages ect