Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Interview with Marcus Davis - One of the Most Successful Brits of All Time !!

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
An interesting read . I have only seen paintball for 2 years. But as with any subject ,if you,re
interested in where your going ,it helps to understand where you,ve been .The excellence strived for in Xball,speed, athleticism,competitiveness.Is paid for with a loss in fun ,sociabilityand playing for it,s own sake.People must make their own minds up on whether the price is worth it,but I think it drastically shortens playing careers . Even if the candle burns far brighter.

blakey64

Jun 2, 2012
It as been quite a few years since I left the sport that I loved so much, but, reading this article has brought back so many memories most of them thankfully good. Robbo you are a true legend in the game, and I sincerley hope that someone does have the funds to back your plans. You and Ledzy were always supportive of my team, and it is a fact that it is because of teams like the NWC the Predators and the Banzai Bandits that I pushed my team and myself, but never really came close to emulating the successes that you all acheived. But we really did try, and now looking back after all these years I realise how lucky I have been to have made some very good friends because of this fantastic sport.
Moving out of the woods was a turning point, and it was great to have played the first Hyperball tourny, losing the cammo and SUP-AIR, playing in Stadiums all enhanced the sport, the one memory I have of the Preds was immortalised in a Cammoman cartoon in PGI, the first time we played them, we came off the field feeling like we had just ran into a brick wall, unreal.
It would be a dream for me to see an English team dominating the world scene, if not that then perhaps with help from our near neighbours a Great British team.

Great read, and good luck

Blakey (SAD)

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
This brought back a lot of memories, I was saddened to hear about Dougie Knight, Haven't seen any of the crew for well over 15 years, but like you both said they were the best years of my life, Just going to the tournaments and staying in hotels with Marcus and Dougie was an eye opener, we didn't just wind other teams up, we would **** about with each others rooms constantly.
Well off topic, but I am looking for an old Pred series autococker, I sadly gave mine to Bonich years ago and never got it back. So anyone know where I can buy and old pred series autococker. Not been interested in playing since I left the preds , but last year I took the guys who work for me out to play paintball and it made me want to go out and play again, even if I can't run as fast anymore I can still shoot.
Anyway, anyone know where I can get one, I don't know how this thing works, if I can get messages on here or what. but I'm guessing I can't just leave my email for details?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Marcus was a scary man on and off the field; he never backed down from anyone and after sparring with him many years ago, the man can fight.
He has one other quality however that many people with his predilection for fighting lacked. Marcus never bullied people, he may well have intimidated people but that was unintentional. I'm not saying he was oblivious to it but I don't think he worried too much about other people's insecurities :)
He's one of the toughest people i know and one occasion comes to mind, he was in the middle of a fight and was being hit with a baseball bat, he managed to ignore the problems of the bat and grabbed a hold of the inside of the guy's mouth and ripped his cheek open. The fight unsurprisingly was bought to an abrupt end.
As for the a$$hole who had the baseball bat?
I think he learned a big lesson. I doubt paintball will ever see Marcus again, and that is surely paintball's loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: madness

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
This brought back a lot of memories, I was saddened to hear about Dougie Knight, Haven't seen any of the crew for well over 15 years, but like you both said they were the best years of my life, Just going to the tournaments and staying in hotels with Marcus and Dougie was an eye opener, we didn't just wind other teams up, we would **** about with each others rooms constantly.
Well off topic, but I am looking for an old Pred series autococker, I sadly gave mine to Bonich years ago and never got it back. So anyone know where I can buy and old pred series autococker. Not been interested in playing since I left the preds , but last year I took the guys who work for me out to play paintball and it made me want to go out and play again, even if I can't run as fast anymore I can still shoot.
Anyway, anyone know where I can get one, I don't know how this thing works, if I can get messages on here or what. but I'm guessing I can't just leave my email for details?

Good luck getting one, they're probably considered dinosaurs by now. You could give the new Empire Revolution a glance, it's the reborn version of the older cockers with hopefully none of the quirks :)

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
Good luck getting one, they're probably considered dinosaurs by now. You could give the new Empire Revolution a glance, it's the reborn version of the older cockers with hopefully none of the quirks :)
I've bought a Karnivore and a really old single shot sniper, so on my way. :) also bought a ego ?? and 2 sets of i4s two sets of dye playing gear and two bottles. Not actually played again yet, but am doing so this weekend, already got the bug again.

Reactions: Bolter

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I've bought a Karnivore and a really old single shot sniper, so on my way. :) also bought a ego ?? and 2 sets of i4s two sets of dye playing gear and two bottles. Not actually played again yet, but am doing so this weekend, already got the bug again.
Have fun mate, hope it's as good now as it was then.

you'll probably find the ego the most reliable marker you have, great guns, great backup.