Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Invert Mini GS Bad Air Leak

Discussion in 'Tech Troubles' started by RyChristy, Apr 29, 2016.

1. RyChristy Member

RyChristy
    Message Count:
    what sort of setup works best with the mini?, im thinking of upgrading the barrell and maybe a bolt and spring kit?

2. Dusty Don't run, you'll only die tired....

Dusty
    Message Count:
    Just the barrel, the stock bolt and spring are more than adequate. I used a 14" barrel and tended to overbore because I could just get on with shooting folk.

Well, shooting at them anyway.........

Spookls likes this.
  3. rwest1987 Member

rwest1987
    Message Count:
    The stock bolt and spring on the mini are fine as they are. I would however, upgrade the barrel on it as the stock barrel is a bit rubbish. An empire super freak kit is great, but they can be expensive if you buy it new. A junior freak kit doesn't come with as many freak inserts out the box but is cheaper. Plus you can pick up the inserts pretty cheap.

4. RyChristy Member

RyChristy
    Message Count:
    What's a standard barrel insert to get I don't really understand the difference at the moment between them? Thanks for replying

5. rwest1987 Member

rwest1987
    Message Count:
    Most standard barrels are somewhere between .687 and .689. Paint bores a lot lower these days so a .685 or lower would probably be a good shout. If you get a few inserts, go for a .680, .685 and .690 just to be safe. You should be able to get a fairly good match with them. It won't be perfect but it will be a lot better than shooting paint that bores at .679 through a .690 insert.

6. Big_jim Team PUPS/PBM

Big_jim
    Message Count:
    The only insert which gets alot of use in my kit is the 86. Get one insert around this size, a big one 93 for that freaky giant paint that crops up every now and again and a smaller one like an 83. Stock gs barrel is 89 so gives you enough range for most paint.