Invert Mini Problems

Twisted-Dragon

Take the shot....
Apr 29, 2008
Alford
Hi guys,

Just a couple of things,

Firstly my biggest issue:

My mini has started Chopping balls so, I looked on the forum and found some tips that work (I Think). Now the gun fires single shots great, but when I try and ramp the first couple of shots are great then they drop :(

What settings do I need to alter to fix this?

Second Problem:

went to 3man UK Masters, and got my gun taken off me coz it was firing hot, but as far as I was aware I'd turned down the ROF to as low as it goes and the BPS was still too high, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Richard

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I would turn the hopper down to the slowest settings. The higher the speed, the more pressure the hopper puts on the paint stack. A magna kit will reduce pressure on the paint aswell.

Have you done the 2 ball test? Take the hopper off, put 2 balls in the feedneck, and fire once. Does the 2nd ball pop out of the feedneck at all? How high?

Settings seem fine, although the BIP can be turned up to 10+, but we'll see what the results of the 2 ball test is first.

I played in -3c weather the other week and I was chopping like mad. Found out that the orings had shrunk in the cold, which was making the mini not seal properly in the breach, which caused what we call blowback and obviously chops from that. There is a fix, if this is the problem.

Also can you check your check valve is still in place please?

Twisted-Dragon

Take the shot....
Apr 29, 2008
Alford
ok will do, thanks for the fast reply, i'll get back to you with the results hopefully tomorrow if the weather is good!

Sorry this might sound Stupid, what is a check valve

ConnorA1

Manchester Legacy
Oct 5, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
re: your gun firing hot randomly

i played the CPPS tournament start of this month and one game my gun would be chronoing at around 270-280ish then the next game it would chrono at 310-315ish and i got told this was due to dents in the balls always more air to pass the chrono!

dont quote me on that one but its what i was told is the problem

Twisted-Dragon

Take the shot....
Apr 29, 2008
Alford
Mine wasn't random, it was consistant, but i turned down the gun to the lowest setting but they were still able to hit 12.8 bps, was was really annoying! I must be doing something wrong,

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
ok will do, thanks for the fast reply, i'll get back to you with the results hopefully tomorrow if the weather is good!

Sorry this might sound Stupid, what is a check valve

you can see the small check valve (aka. flow restricter). This is a small, plastic air port that slows down pressure flow in one direction. This component is used to help control the movement of the bolt during firing; be sure to avoid loosing this small piece. It is very important, and will cause chopping of paint.

I still think its because it mega cold outside though bud. Cold = no working gun for most people.