Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion Goods and Bads

In their standard form they are harder to maintain than alot of guns. I cant think of any other gun that requires you to take the gripframe off to gain access to the eyes.

But you can get aftermarket bodies that sort that out. And if you get a true BOB body, you can have the bolt out, greased and back in again in less than a minute.

The stock board isnt great either, especially the on-off button and the display, but also the trigger/eye logic leaves alot to be desired.

Yeah you can spend quite a bit on upgrades, but when you do you get a gun that is much better than a shocker in a whole variety of ways. More efficient, far more reliable, potentially faster, less kick, better quality.

ION_CRAZY

Upgrade your Game
Jul 11, 2005
UK
www.paintball-upgrades.co.uk
i have to disagree, IONs are amazin for the money, but arnt as good as shockers.

Frame £55
Board £80
Barrel £40
Trigger £20
Grips £15
Bolt £25
Body (stage5) £110
ASA £20

Total = £365 + £140 for an ION if you build as you go along = £505, NIB shocker = £450

i have to disagree, IONs are amazin for the money, but arnt as good as shockers.

Frame £55
Board £80
Barrel £40
Trigger £20
Grips £15
Bolt £25
Body (stage5) £110
ASA £20

Total = £365 + £140 for an ION if you build as you go along = £505, NIB shocker = £450
but a BNIB shocker is most likely heavier, kicks more, more of a gas hog, has a worse trigger and only the standard nerve ramping board

-Mat

Frame £55
Board £80
Barrel £40
Trigger £20
Grips £15
Bolt £25
Body (stage5) £110
ASA £20

Then we will have to agree to disagree on that one.
I wasnt talking about price, I was talking about the things I listed in my post above: (efficiency, reliablity, cycle time, recoil, quality of parts and manufacturing.)

beanbag83

I'm either drunk or high
Feb 12, 2006
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England
In their standard form they are harder to maintain than alot of guns. I cant think of any other gun that requires you to take the gripframe off to gain access to the eyes.

But you can get aftermarket bodies that sort that out. And if you get a true BOB body, you can have the bolt out, greased and back in again in less than a minute.

The stock board isnt great either, especially the on-off button and the display, but also the trigger/eye logic leaves alot to be desired.

Yeah you can spend quite a bit on upgrades, but when you do you get a gun that is much better than a shocker in a whole variety of ways. More efficient, far more reliable, potentially faster, less kick, better quality.

Hence why so many pro teams like Dynasty use upped ions instead of shockers.................. Oh hang on, wait a second................... :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: ;)