Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

is it ok to have co2 with electric marker

pure energy

Banned
Mar 25, 2008
hi would any one be able to tell me why it is not a good idea to have co2 with an electric marker thanks:confused:

jacktheman2

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2007
London
www.shutterimages.co.uk
well i know someone will come along and shed some more info on this and probably correct me on a few things but it's normally not a good ider to use co2 with an electronic marker unless the manufacture has deemed it compatible with co2 as co2 is basically air that has been frozen and liquefied it may cause some gun problems if the marker was not ment to be used with co2.

pure energy

Banned
Mar 25, 2008
ok thanks, and do you play for krroupt killers if you do do you no tayler donnaly he is on of my mates thanks any way

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
CO2 isn't really great with any marker, but electro gats are a definate no-no. As it expands it cools rapidly and will freeze o-rings and wreck your solenoid (eventually). Anti-siphon tubes will help prevent this, but liquid CO2 will sometimes be propelled into your marker and that'll usually freeze things up pretty quickly. HPA is just so much easier on markers. That's pretty much how it was explained to me anyway.

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
As most people have said, CO2 isn't good for electro guns.
This because of two main reasons:

1. CO2 is a dirty gas, eg. unlike air which is filtered while being compressed as its main use is for breathing apparatus, CO2 isn't filtered during compression.

2. When CO2 is compressed it turns into it's liquid form. This can mean at high rates of fire that liquid is drawn in to you gun. This can damage O rings and solenoids either causing you to have to maintain you gun a lot more or potentially screw your gun up. While anti shipons can be fitted to CO2 tanks to minimize this they aren't 100% effective.

As Devrij has stated when CO2 turns back to a gaseous state it has a cooling effect, and can cause your gun to freeze, can still remember my first mag freezing up due to CO2, not a pleasant experience.

IMO buy yourself a preset air tank (have a look on the for sales threads).

Hope this helps and explains it a bit more.

Matt