Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is it rude to be loud?

Dannysaysnoo

Dec 16, 2014
I play a lot of woodsball, and I get a bit worked up. When I get worked up, I do a ton of yelling, roaring, screaming, and general war-face stuff.

Just wondered what everyone's opinion on it was, if you find it stupid or fun or whatever.

The Artful Dodger

Dec 8, 2014
I don't like it at all,first time I went there was a guy or two yelling and screaming in my general direction,how I kept my hands to myself,still bothers me now thinking about it.for me this is supposed to be fun,I do get some guys are competitive but please,not in my direction

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
If you are playing a tournament, and there are prizes and maybe money on the line, then yes, some urgency in communication is needed, but not in a fun situation. Just tell em to back off.

War cries, now they are just seen as a bit of fun no? Well, unless you did one every few seconds, I cant see much harm.

Pillage and Plunder
Jun 14, 2011
Bognor Regis
id say a bit is ok, but to OTT and it gets a bit weird lol, only time im screaming is when they aint walking after a hit and im trying to get the marshals in there to sort them out

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
In itself shouting isn't rude, but depends on what you're doing

You may get called the shouty guy
If you're barking orders at other then most wont want to be told what to do
If you're running through the standards 'on his hopper', 'check him', 'take your hits' then you wont be popular
If you're running screaming at kids you'll intimidate them
If you're just enjoying yourself, not harming anyone then thats just paintball

Reactions: NSKlad

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
A simple rule can be... treat people how you want to be treated! How do you feel if this happens to you etc?

If you have an awareness of your actions on others you should be able to assess if your "enthusiasm" is being appreciated! If not, tone it down or find like mind individuals in your group. Fundamentally you cannot impose your preferred style on others, they may not share your approach!

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Yeh...I remember some guy screaming at me at the first Stargate ...something to do with picking up one of the polystyrene props to get points , think he thought he was our sergeant major ....I told him to **** off....I hate scenario games ..

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Yeh...I remember some guy screaming at me at the first Stargate ...something to do with picking up one of the polystyrene props to get points , think he thought he was our sergeant major ....I told him to **** off....I hate scenario games ..
That's my cup of tea, but there's no point barking orders at people
Everyone wants something else from a game, and it's exactly that - a game
Find the people to fit the roles

I've gone around shouting things, but mainly to point out where support is needed elsewhere etc

There was only one time I pushed it with people who were disinterested. At nvs there was a small hill held with a big firefight ensuing
We decided the plan was to fein losing it and call an air strike onto the hill thus eliminating a high number of northerners at once and sending them on a long respawn walk
First quietly dropping small numbers back as the airstrike Marshall's gathered with their umbrellas, then calling the remainder to fall back
A small number stayed and argued that they were not going to give up what had just been captured, cue me trying to explain and point out the Marshall's without warning the north

They stayed, got overrun and airstriked. Then walking down the hill moaning about stupid scenario airstrikes as the rest of the south pushed on beyond the hill

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
In general I shout a LOT !! especially when at Woodsball where you get all sorts of people that go, there`s such a variety of guys all knowing they are going to play Paintball and that they Will be on either one side or another, you get guys that when it`s GAME ON they go to the very first bunker they see knowing the shots Can`t reach ?? I shout at them to get up there with the rest of the Team, and they say " I don`t want to get shot "
or guys that get into a good side position and just sit there Watching all the rest of their own Team being shot BUT Wouldn`t be If he shot his gun across to take out the players , even when they are point blank, there`s loads of if`s and why`s, and when we get back to the safe Zone, I fully explain not only to that person but to the whole Team of the actions of your Not here to Camp but play, EVERY time I run Games for the Public they give Nothing but praise , cheers and handshakes to the staff and myself AND to each other.
First timers are usually Rubbish and need that kick up the ass about everything, But at the end of the day and from then on they love it, I get them coming back for more games and a load More Shouting, only this time, They are as well = Fantastic !!!

AmyStroodle

Jan 7, 2014
Leeds,West Yorkshire
www.facebook.com
I think it completly depends on what you're shouting. :]
Bit late into the thread so loads of other people havealready replied but, for me, if you're telling other players where people on the other team are then great! But in the past when I've had people shouting orders at me or sounding like they're getting angry because I'm not doing what they want I tend to ignore them. Have to admit ... there was this one guy that was being rather rude so when he wasn't looking shot him in the ass. :3

However! When I tried magfed at paintfest I soon realised how serious the guys who'd gone there to play it where and expected orders to be shouted at me then, which they were and I followed them ... I guess if you know you're playing a senario game where people are taking it seriously you have to respect that and I can understand why senario players that are taking it serious (I guess as if they're roleplaying) can get annoyed by people who appear to be "taking the piss".

Reactions: Care_Bears