Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is it worth restoring my e-orracle?

Alucard-

Sep 17, 2004
Visit site
Hello peeps!

Long time lurker, and after 7 years away from the sport, my fingers have started twitching to get into it again after I found my old stash of PB stuff in my garage.

I have an old e-orracle that saw much love back in the days and I was wondering whether it would be any good to recondition, since by now all the orings inside might have completely fallen to pieces.

By all means I am not considering it to become the monster it was back in 03 when I got it, I just want to know whether spending a couple of hundred quid would be worth it to become a daily field marker again.

What I know for certain is that it needs a new board, was thinking of turning it into an E2 that I Was always dreaming of and then keeping it as stock as possible. God knows what else it will need, given that I cannot even dry fire it at the moment.

I know most will say "dude just get an ego", but... But.... Its a cocker!

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
I doubt youll find an E2 board very easily - and any ive seen have been quite expensive

And yes get an ego if you want a more reliable electro..

but if you wanna have it to take out for walkon days or just to tinker with go for it.

I dont think you wold need to spend £200 though :)

Post what you need in the wanted section (when you have met the requirements) and let us know what you need

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
To be fair mate you can get E1 boards fairly cheap and there's a couple of zero B boards knocking about. Try Autococker Enthusiasts on Facebook and CustomCockers.com for any advice you need. My advice would be to get the new board in, air it up and see what needs fixing. The seals in your pneumatics may need replacing but o rings are plentiful and cheap to buy so you're all good there. Otherwise you should be all good. You're lower internals should be fine because they're all metal (except your valve which has an o ring on it and that may need replacing) and the bolt won't have melted away either.

Egos are good but cockers are better.

Alucard-

Sep 17, 2004
Visit site
Found an E2 kit for around 120£.

Is the price ok? I remember them going for ~200 back in the day but used parts, especially pneumatics make me think twice

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Found an E2 kit for around 120£.

Is the price ok? I remember them going for ~200 back in the day but used parts, especially pneumatics make me think twice
Thats not too bad - I have an E2 set up waiting for someone to trade but if someone was buying from me id probs sell for £120 ish

rorodr0033

Jul 12, 2012
It is always worth restoring a cocker man!.... if you can afford it, do it... they are just too good to be true...

frosty

warped player
Aug 9, 2005
solihull
w
if its just a board your looking for I may well have one let le have a look tonight and if I have I will post it up if the classifieds after nvs?