Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is my bottle Knackered??

renie

Mar 2, 2008
Basically i have took a size able chip (about the size of a 20p) out of the black gel coating on my guerrilla bottle, it slipped out of my hand and caught the edge of a brick in my garden so not a heavy impact but it chipped the outer black part of the bottle, It was more of a slice than a straight impact and hasn't damaged the fibre wrap underneath.
Obviously i will get this tested if its worth it.
views please

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It depends on whether the chip is considered to be only the final coating or impacts on the structure of the fibre
(It may not be in the fibre itself but may have weakened the coating and this weakened the fibre for the future)

The first part of a test is a visual inspection, if you submit for testing then you commit to the fee. But if you can bring it to a tester they may be able to give you a fair opinion on the visuals first before going further

Assuming it passes a visual check and a test then its fine, but get some documentation that records the test with the chip noted so that it backs you up when presenting the cylinder at sites

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
Yeah i done the same mate on mine and was worried to use it so i got Trev to test it in Germany and it passed.....Think the best thing is for your own piece of mind would be to get it checked out sometime they are at most tournies and will probably do it there and then

renie

Mar 2, 2008
here's a pic its only the black outer film that's come off, think it looks worse than it is, it hasn't damaged the underneath at all, as it scraped the side rather than dropped onto it.
if it can be repaired and tested ill keep it
ill show you when we meet see what you think

Last edited:

Shay

Dec 15, 2012
Portsmouth
here's a pic its only the black outer film that's come off, think it looks worse than it is, it hasn't damaged the underneath at all, as it scraped the side rather than dropped onto it.
if it can be repaired and tested ill keep it
ill show you when we meet see what you think
I wouldn't say that it was, just to be sure tho as the others said get it checked out.. and let your mind ease :D I'd think that it would be okay...

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Judging by the Ninja forums on another site....

They have a problem with the gel coating getting a huge crack on them. The Ninja guys ALWAYS state that if the fibres are fine, then it is protected. The outer gel coating is just for some added protection and to give it a gloss. But best be safe than sorry.