Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is paintball too expensive?

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
In relation to other "extreme" ( i suppose you could call it ) sports its not that much. Me and my lads are into all sorts of stuff, but out of all of them, gear wise? i pay the least.

One of my mates spent 1.7k on a go-kart ( laced 360cc engine mind you ) and he hasnt even got the saftey equipment yet, let alone the license to race, which will probably set him back £300. you could get a pretty slick setup spending half of that sort of money of paintball gear.

Another example, another one of my lads does/did motocross, along with his cousins. His cousins would spend in and excess of 2k on a bike, and they would replace them halfway through the season.

Compared to these sports, paintball costs a fraction of the price, i mean there is virtually no chance you could pick up a decent go kart for £400 ( unless you want to be replacing everything on the damn thing, and probably end up spending more than its worth ) but you can pick up a very decent marker for that amount of money. But when compared to other regular sports like football, hockey ect it costs a shed load more.

Depends on your perspective at the end of the day!

Reactions: Canon Fodder

the machine

Mar 29, 2011
middlesbrough
I would say yes paintball is expensive. The equipment/clothing may seem expensive at first but there is always cheaper about and if you shop smart and don't mind second hand you can save a lot. Also joining a team can cut cost due to deals.
Then you have tournament entry costs, which lets be fair are not really that bad.
The reason I think it is expensive is because of the paint itself. You can go through a lot in a single game and the stuff is not really that cheap. Shooting paintballs is probably the quickest way to go through money and not really realise how much until the bill comes in. This is even worse if you have gone to a site who charge way to much for the cheap rubbish they give you.
it is always the paint bill that makes my eyes water

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Always amuses me that people talk about the cost of the clothing - for walkon's what's wrong with a pair of army surplus trousers (about £7 and if you're being really tight the leg pockets will hold two 140 pods quites comfortably saving you further money on a pack) and a long sleeve t-shirt, or a cheap secondhand playing top.

Reactions: Tom

Daston

May 2, 2011
I think like most things it can be as cheap or expensive as you like. The frustrating thing for me is having to spend £50 in fuel just getting to a walkon so that does push the price up. However wouldn't say its any more expensive than other hobbies.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Are pubs too expensive?
Are nightclubs too expensive?
Is the south too expensive?
Are sophisticated / poncy clubs too expensive?
Are strip club bars too expensive?
Is supermarket own brand alcohol too cheap?
Are home brewers boring when they go on about their cheap brewing kits or their 'free' fruit & veg based wines & spirits?

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
Are pubs too expensive?
No, unless you pay more than £3.20 a pint then yes they are
Are nightclubs too expensive?
No, the main one I go to closes at 7am and is only £7.50 to get in after 2am, before 2am it's free to get in, and £3.a pint or £9 for a long island ice tea
Is the south too expensive?
No, unless you're a northern monkey, in which case then it is yes, (I am a northern Monkey so I can say that)
Are sophisticated / poncy clubs too expensive?
No, because you have a choice to go in or not, unless it's little italy in soho, then you will get robbed at the bar and in the toilet.
Are strip club bars too expensive?
The one near euston is me and my missus went there, (really really drunk) it was 4am and we dragged the taxi driver in, £40 each to get in and £35 for half a pint of carlsberg. and the bouncers DO NOT like you dancing on the pole to entertain the strippers :)
Is supermarket own brand alcohol too cheap?
Not to cheap, but very nasty. stick with carlsberg or just buy rum.
Are home brewers boring when they go on about their cheap brewing kits or their 'free' fruit & veg based wines & spirits?
YES

Reactions: keitho0o

Jamesk2093

Jun 22, 2014
I think the gear is expensive.... Well maybe overpriced is a better word, but once you got thhe gear it isnt much more expensive than other hobbies/ sports... Also its good to spend money and have some fun every so often!

Also buying off forums and on ebay help bring costs down :)

keitho0o

Jun 9, 2014
at the start its expensive just getting gear but if you have a team or so say big brother team that does not mind lending you equipment it becomes less stress of how over price things are and gives you time to look out for cheaper second hand stuff and you can build up from there. but now i have a job and have all the gear its cheap but at the start its a scary place

NoobCannon

Aug 19, 2014
£100 for a rental day seems a little excessive. Usually around 50-60 with 1k balls from the sites round my way (essex)