Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is the PI test for air any different to the CO2 one

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Heres one for you, if you buy a PI stamped air bottle and replace the reg with a CO2 one would that count as legal to fill (once you'd established the weight of CO2 it'll take)? Only reason I ask is I've found 8ci PI stamped tanks (steel) and they look a bit like 3.5 oz size co2 ones.

I think it'd safe - CO2 spikes at, what, 1800psi? Air tanks tested to one and half times operating pressure so unless the cold has an effect on the structure of the bottle....

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Hi Tom,

yep, sorry, I meant a co2 valve on an air bottle in place of the normal reg. I know they fit (used to have one on a 1.9 air bottle that'd take about 40oz of CO2 - in a effort to get a decent amount of shots out of a shoe box shocker), I was wondering if the PI standard was the same for CO2 bottles as air.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Ah, i see what you're getting at, you'll be using the air bottle for co2. The quick answer is, i'm not sure, but i remember the old 3.5oz tanks didn't have to be tested as they were under the limit for testing. No idea if that's still in force.

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
thanks Tom, been doing some googling and what I've read seems to indicate that they are both tested under EN12245, trouble with the proper 35oz bottles is they are all either to old to use (final date), or DOT