Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is this job for real ?

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Pretty sure it's real and it's a publicity stunt that will cost them about £2k in actual wages. It helps that nobody understands the term pro-rata.

Reactions: NSKlad

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
@F3Z is right.

Has anyone heard of Justin Toohig?

And why does he think that he needs to test the paintballs before his company uses them on customers? They are tested by the manufacturer, right?

Are they a super-cheap batch that are supposed to be used for marking Rhinos and Elephants (you know, like sheep are marked)?

And why are they are they only testing them over Christmas? Does Justin just do one "big shop" of paintballs to last him the year?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The Metro appear to have put some effort in and edited their article rather than copy / paste the same release, it's currently plastered over all news sites and is free publicity.

You can find more:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Justin+Toohig,+the+founder+of+UK+Paintball&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs&gfe_rd=cr&ei=rW13VKGrGovf8gfpv4CgBg

Some have failed to copy / paste and typed their own, quoting a 'pro rate salary' - The job offers flexible working hours of around one to two hours a day, and a pro rate salary of $63,000.

Its for one or two hours a day, Monday to Friday over the christmas & New Year period.
£40k pro rata. Divide that down to working days, and a rough 37 hour week and its in the region of £20 an hour, 5 or 10 hours a week = £100 to £200 a week.

Apply here:
http://www.ukpaintball.co.uk/join-our-team

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
As far as I am aware UK Paintball don't own sites and can't control what paint the sites they are agents for use. They have no reason to test paint they simply sell packages to punters for independent sites.

I have my doubts the job actually exists but it's gotten them some publicity.