Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is this tank uk legal?

liamgreen09

Feb 26, 2014
Kent, South East England
Yeah that's a US/Canada bottle with no Pi stamp or HSE mark, shouldn't legally be used in the UK
Look around the markings for the pi mark

(I'm on my phone so if you've put up more than the one picture then I have not looked at them)
You are looking for the Pi symbol that looks like a wonky gate similar to #, not the word Pi
The other permissible option is another UK standard such as HSE/AL/FW_ (but I would not expect it on that bottle

It does sound a little iffy that the seller says they have been using it at events (if that's how they justified it)
It may be true, it's the responsibility of the user / person filling to make sure it is valid. So if bottle checks were slack or a person deliberately evades checks and fills are unsupervised then people have the opportunity to fill an invalid bottle

International bottles are built the same, however if the manufacturer has the right markings it means they have gone to the expense of submitting bottles to the authorised bodies to be tested to destruction

Double check all over the bottle for markings and harras the seller. All uk paintball forums require bottles to be to uk standards and in date, so if sold via a forum and it's not uk legal they have broken the rules
If they were open and said it's not to uk standards but they have used it in the uk then they have been honestly dodgy

View attachment 37087
I've looked all over no pi symbol on there at all he said he bought it from lips paintball in 2010 and he's used it at over 3 masters tournaments and its been checked by refs and every things fine with it but I'm still a little worried i'll see what my local field say

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
It looks illegal to me, if it was a tri certified bottle the European (pi) markings would be with the USA (DOT) and Canadian (TC) markings. Personally i would be asking for my money back if it was described in the sale as a UK legal bottle.

liamgreen09

Feb 26, 2014
Kent, South East England
It looks illegal to me, if it was a tri certified bottle the European (pi) markings would be with the USA (DOT) and Canadian (TC) markings. Personally i would be asking for my money back if it was described in the sale as a UK legal bottle.
I've contacted him asking for a refund as its not worth the hassle i'l just get my son a different one
Thanks for the help from everyone

lizardz10

May 19, 2014
I've bought two bottles that turned out to be DOT, are they illegal to get into the UK or just to be used in the UK?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I've bought two bottles that turned out to be DOT, are they illegal to get into the UK or just to be used in the UK?
I'd try and get your money back as soon as possible if I were you mate
Getting money back depends on the reason why and how DOT bottles were bought.
If bought in the US, or imported from the US, then its generaly the buyers error, but if the buyer asks the US seller if they can be used in the UK, and was told they can, then its the sellers error. It will be tricky but a refund could be arranged.

If bought in the UK, but the fact they were DOT was given then its still the buyers mistake.

If unspecified and bought in the UK then it would be reasonable to believe they would be UK legal, or if stated that they were UK legal then seek a refund.

There can be a subtle difference if the seller says they were using them in the UK - it could be true, not approved/legal but true.

lizardz10

May 19, 2014
One of them wasn't specified and bought online which is my fault but the other was off someone who used it in the UK so I assumed it would be alright. Should have checked but expensive lesson learnt I guess