Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Jam bolts Ok I'll Hold my hands up!

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Well heres a few things, because the bolt is not a solid piece when the bolt is fired forward, the spring will absorb some of the energy resulting in the front part being slightly behind so when the hammer hits the valve pin open the valve, the holes that let air into the bolt would not be aligned properly.

Also on the way back, the font will once again be slower and will be left behind a little, reesulting in slower feeding, or misfeeds.

Ok, so this may not be the way it works, but if it uses a spring in it, it will be the same regardless of design :)

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Which is what I was saying :)

At rest, the pin rests against the back of the slot, so it "pulls" the bolt back at the right speed. However, the bolt can move backwards on it's own from the pressure of the gas pushing the bolt back on the spring. e.g. You know when you time a gun, as you pull the trigger real slow so just the hammer releases but the 3 way doesn't throw - well at that point the bolt "jumps" back about 3-4mm which is enough to produce blowback.

But as to the way forward - yeah, you have to wait for the spring to catch up, but as you can see from the pic they have an elongated gas intake so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

But that was always the issue with the OTP bolts, the introduction of the spring means your timing can get whack VERY quickly.

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
I wonder what happens if shell wedges the bolt forawrd, cos you will have to use a squeegie to push it back instead of pulling on the back block.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
nope, that's not the problem, like I said the pin is against the back of the slot so it pulls backwards in the same way.

This might not work but I'll give it a go :)
_______
(O______)

With the O being the pin in the slot. If you pushed the bolt from the front (by a squeegee or pinched ball) then the bolt goes backwards without the pin moving such as this:
________
(______O)

Which is pushing back against the spring.

Get it?

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Ah, i see...but surely a venturi style bolt would be better, then you wont need to align the holes, eliminatin(nearly) one of the problems.

Took me a few mins to decypher those pics though ;)

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by Philip
Ah, i see...but surely a venturi style bolt would be better, then you wont need to align the holes, eliminatin(nearly) one of the problems.

Took me a few mins to decypher those pics though ;)
err........ yeah :D

But the bolt does help to not chop, no doubt. It's just that can be done with a well set up gun anyway without the other "issues" the bolt has.

I 'spose it's a trade off and it's up to peeps to see if they think the negatives outweigh the positives, and then if they're good value.

as for the "pics", well, yeah, ASCI aint great on vBulletin :)

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Skeetmaster
Sparklie:
Your not the only one with JAM BOLTS, a friend of mine is selling them cheap, one previous owner, no strings attached!!!!
Gaz:D
But she IS the only one selling new ones.