Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Joint Statement from the Paintball Association and the UK Masters.

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
Nope.

They have been found to pass the tests as laid down by the legislation that is in place for Air tanks such as these.

No one has proved OR disproved that a combination of this tank and a particular reg, filled in a particular way would cause an explosion or not.

There is a difference in saying they pass the tests that exist and saying they are safe for use in a paintball environment.

A 747 is classed as a safe aircraft but I wouldn't get in one if they were going to do loop the loops in the hurricane.

keka
I would, sounds like fun.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
the questions being asked could only be answered by someone like trevor at h-pac and if he says there safe take it as gospel they are safe

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
I dont think thats true DW. Yes the bottles have been pressure tested, however the fault of each of the 3 explosions hasnt been proved on anything. Many theorys are there tho. Fact remains - 3 stackos have gone bang in a big way in the last year. This is the reason people/sites/leagues are taking nessecary precautions
And in 2 out of those 3 incidents (with the last one being Spreadz) it has been determined by the H Pac that oil was introduced into the system which resulted in combustion during filling up.

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Not wanting to sound like a pain in th ar*e but the bottle thread is another thread, we need to debate the pro's and con's on the other thread - I know there is a degree of overlap but both threads are turning into a bottle debate.

I sound like some sort of moderator - I am not !!

Steve

Millennium Man

Manchester Outlawz
Well i have been told via a very good source the only explanation could be either oil entering the bottle causing a fire an explotion. Or either a faulty bottle or reg or a combination of both.
So as said before they have all been stakos kind or explains itself.

No Oil No Oil No Oil No Oil No Oil No Oil No Oil No Oil No Oil No Oil No Oil No Oil No Oil

And until they have been tested again

No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako No Stako

ItchyTFN

Feb 14, 2007
And in 2 out of those 3 incidents (with the last one being Spreadz) it has been determined by the H Pac that oil was introduced into the system which resulted in combustion during filling up.
Fisz i will leave it at this. Ultimately you can believe whatever 'proof' you want, although if you dug a little deeper i think you'll find there are none about the the true reason for these Stako explosions..
It is general fact that oil + any airsystem + fill = deadly bomb. It doesnt take HPAC to tell us that due to the diesel affect and past experiences.
I also know for a fact the 2nd incident to happen has not been put on anything! If the 'oil' did get introduced then it has never been answered how as it was at a closed practise between 2 Pro teams, and a proven clean airsystem

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Let's put it another way - if you want to not use Stako's then vote with your pounds.
You can not in anyway put a general ban on Stako bottles because there is no proof that they are the cause of the incident. Anyone doing so is likely to get sued by Stako and they will win. People that were at the Freakz incident have repeatedly said that the bottle came out the best and was surprisingly intact. If some of the best air techs in the country, and we are not just talking H-Pac here, cannot find fault in these bottles, then how can an ill-informed paintballer say that the bottles should be banned.
Your best course of action is to ask ballers themselves to boycott the bottles, but my question to you is as the regulator disintegrated and the bottle remained intact why have you not request that the reg be banned as well, would you not expect the reg to have similar tolerances to the bottle.

J

Jeff Abbott - Dye

Let's put it another way - if you want to not use Stako's then vote with your pounds.
You can not in anyway put a general ban on Stako bottles because there is no proof that they are the cause of the incident. Anyone doing so is likely to get sued by Stako and they will win. People that were at the Freakz incident have repeatedly said that the bottle came out the best and was surprisingly intact. If some of the best air techs in the country, and we are not just talking H-Pac here, cannot find fault in these bottles, then how can an ill-informed paintballer say that the bottles should be banned.
Your best course of action is to ask ballers themselves to boycott the bottles, but my question to you is as the regulator disintegrated and the bottle remained intact why have you not request that the reg be banned as well, would you not expect the reg to have similar tolerances to the bottle.
I think that what we are asking, is for Stako's not be allowed until we know what happens to them. It is based on the fact that most of the tanks that go pop have been Stakos. If it is the reg, then you could argue that it is the combo of those regs and Stakos.

Everyone who is talking about bans, are just asking for a sensible approach to be taken, so that no one else gets hurt. I can see Stakos position and from what I hear, they are working very hard to help solve the problem..... but and it is a big but.... they are also being very heavy handed with anyone that says they are going to place a temporary ban on he tanks until a solution is found. I find that counterproductive and not in the best interests of everyone involved and i also resent the fact that as a site iwner or events organiser, I cannot choose what I will allow to be used or sold on my premises without getting sued. If I want to say no Stakos, then I should be able to do so. If I say no Stako's because they will kill you quicker than than an H-Bomb, then I can see their argument.

My point is; If the tank is good but the combination of tank, reg and fill method is bad then we must take steps to make everyone safe until we know for sure which element in the chain is the one that needs removing. If it is the method of filling then we need to know how to change that method so that it is Stako friendly and that means for every fill station in world as well as the UK and Europe. If the regs are found to be the cause then we need to put specifications in place for reg manufacturers to follow.

Andy from YPC made a statement on a thread on another forum which sums up the situation with filling these tanks quite nicely.

"The bottle itself is safe when all recommendations are met. Unfortunately there are far too many amateur experts out there, (and that includes event organisers), who haven't got a clue what they are doing."

The thread can be found here:

http://www.talkpaintball.com/showthread.php?t=16878&highlight=stako

keka