The Home Of European Paintball

juging?

SYTRAXZ

Sytraxz Graphics inc.
Feb 18, 2002
New York
lol

Originally posted by Tortoise-Licker
Sytrax I would give up trying to be a marshal until you have been playing a bit longer. Sure it seems like a good idea to be paid to play the sport but you enjoy. But in truth not many sites allow the marshals to play, and as for lighting up a punter forget about it. Another downfall to do with being a site marshal is being hit really hurts. You think it hurts when you are playing but when you play you have huge amounts of adrenaline coursing around your body and thus the pain is not noticed as much. When you are playing as a marshal you have to stand right in the middle of the cross fire in order to see if either player is eliminated and if having balls flying past your head, whistling as they go, isn’t enough to scare you. You are also in the knowledge that you are going to get hit and it is going to hurt big style. Hell on Saturday I took a shot in the neck just below the adams apple, the damn thing nearly floored me and I’m still finding it hard to swallow now. If you do still want to be a marshal you should go down to your local site and find out as much as you can about the site and their marshals. A good knowledge of the sites game zones is essential as well, as a good marshal can predict where the main action is going to take place within the game.
Remember you might get knock backs by the site owners as they prefer to hire marshal with experience of marshaling or have been playing for long times. But sometimes they do hire people who have not been playing for long. Hell there is a marshal at my site who hadn’t even played paintball before he applied for the job let alone been a marshal. But with top-notch training he is now a competent marshal.
:D
yeah id asume that would hurt.... now not being able to swallow easly ouch.... i got shot under the neck befor i think thats called the coller bone but it hurt lol most of the time theres only 16 people on the feild at once or less some times more but thats y they have the 2 indoor feids side by side (seperated by netting of course) and 2-3 judges. 1 watches the counter and 1 judge for each feild i dont think thell allow more than 20 people on 1 feild any ways and yeah the judges are allowed to play there all like aight guys im gonna play this game im going to trust you all to play honestly,(ive only seen them play on advanced player nights not amature) and well they stand at the side of the feild on the sidlines out of fire wearing a yellow or orange judge jersey with 1 hand in the air signaling they are not playing but so far that i know they havent got shot yet but then again im usually cought up in a paint fight lol:D

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Re: hmmm

Originally posted by Liz

Splatmaster - plastic pistol styled marker from about 15 years ago, one of the first ever makes. Can't remember if it actually had a 10-shot stick feed for the paint (someone who's been around even longer than me put me right here please) and ran on a 12 gram CO2 canister something like a Sparklets Soda charge. Virtually indestructable, and I know one that was cranked up (for chrono purposes only) to run at about 450fps.

The feed ran along the barrel ( very much like the PT extreme) they were cocked by pushing a black button in at the back and after firing it 20 or 30 times the palm of your off hand hurt like hell. It was not easy to cock those things, you had to tilt it up to feed as well, thank god for pumps so much easier lol I was using 'em 14 years ago until I got my own pump (still got it too:D )