Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just saying Hi

noobie

May 22, 2015
Morning

My how things have changed. I first started playing at skirmish Billericay and at another site in Hunsdon using splatmasters in the late 80's, I remember visiting the predators shop some years later when they were sponsored and started to make a name for themselves.

Then as things happen with men and hobbies, I spent far too much money and far too much time which meant the wife was rarely happy, but then now she's an ex I think she was always unhappy. So a small group started going around local and further a field sites,

We'd often use mayhem at abridge and played in a tournament once...the team I went with carried on in competitions but I didn't play in a team again as I liked playing more than competing..I remember the two gents who ran things then but not their names the farmer/owner appeared to be tall and fair haired, and the site manager, shorter and dark haired Ade? I lost count how much I spent in their shops

Later, the same site in Hunsdon asked me to marshall and after several months I ended up running it for the owner, a farmer, what is it about farmers and paintball :LOL:...so we ran the pro-splat site for him.

I went gun wise, through the usual suspects at the time, bushmaster, reb line, tippman, phantom and probably the best gun I should never have sold, a budd orr sniper 2.

The times started to change after that and semis and auto feed hoppers started to come in, I remember visiting with a few of the team, John Sosta at his home (was it Rainham or Romford ?) to see and buy some of the first u.k. automags.

I tried a pmi 3 but being a bud fan I sold my sniper 2 :cry: and bought buds version the autococker. Those early ones leaked so much gas greenpeace would have a fit and most only worked due to shedloads of ptfe tape.Also around this time we popped over to pro lines original shop and loved the sterling, it was an absolute peach

I carried on at the site in the early days of semi's but lost the faith as I felt semi's ruined the whole fun.

Now I am too fat and too old to play competitively but I am looking forward to the occasional day out so when posts allow will be hunting for a sterling stp original with brass barrel or a sniper 2 pre y2k

Thanks for reading my long waffle

Last edited:
Reactions: RichB