Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Knee pads

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Would builders trousers be ok with built in pads?
Yes, it depends on what you want from the trousers
Builders trousers are hard wearing etc
They aren't designed specifically for the things people do in speedball, eg knee pads are protection for diving and sliding rather than looking after the knee when kneeling

TNT_UK

TNT_UK
Apr 18, 2015
I would stick with the purpose built paintball playing gear. If cost is a consideration (when isn't it), then look on the "For Sale" forum page, and purchase them second hand. There are bargains to be had, just wash them before use.

I have found my elbow pads and knee pads promote paintballs bouncing off me, not bruising, and keeping me in the game longer. The knee pads are awesome, as it makes kneeling down really comfortable, when hiding behind those oil barrels. :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I would stick with the purpose built paintball playing gear. If cost is a consideration (when isn't it), then look on the "For Sale" forum page, and purchase them second hand. There are bargains to be had, just wash them before use.

I have found my elbow pads and knee pads promote paintballs bouncing off me, not bruising, and keeping me in the game longer. The knee pads are awesome, as it makes kneeling down really comfortable, when hiding behind those oil barrels. :)
It's still not essential to get paintball specific items, depending on what you want from your gear
It took me 10 years to buy a pair of paintball trousers - and I needant have bothered as I then won another pair
For the years previously I wore jeans or combat trousers, and sometimes knee pads of a few designs
I didn't bother with elbow pads until I had an elbow injury and infection, I now use knee supports rather than knee pads, again due to injury
Try to take care of your body before you get the injury and wear the pads or supports that are appropriate to you - and that you will bother to use as a matter of routine

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
When I used to play tournament woodsball I used knee supports and knee pads over them as I did a lot of crawling to cover and now just wear knee pads. Wouldnt play paintball without them even though my trousers have padding in them (not enough in my opinion though).

Eds_Dead

Ed Interi
Jun 7, 2014
Merseyside
I used to wear no pads and UK army issue pants, this was very uncomfortable in the woods. Then I wore dye knee pads under the army pants and it was a lot better as there was no issue of roots/gravel etc cutting up my knee. I recently upgraded to wearing PE playing pants over my knee pads and its so much better. The padding is slightly too thin to not wear knee pads in my opinion as its more for bounces/light sliding.

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
I used to wear no pads and UK army issue pants, this was very uncomfortable in the woods. Then I wore dye knee pads under the army pants and it was a lot better as there was no issue of roots/gravel etc cutting up my knee. I recently upgraded to wearing PE playing pants over my knee pads and its so much better. The padding is slightly too thin to not wear knee pads in my opinion as its more for bounces/light sliding.
Correct regarding our pants padding, there designed to be used with knee pads

Nathypie

Freeballer
May 27, 2008
Newton Abbot
For the first year or so of playing I never used any sort of knee or elbow protection, thought I didn't need it. Then playing in the woods I ran and slid into cover on both knees, and immediately made contact with the bricks/rocks that were nicely dug in in front of the barricade I was aiming for. Needless to say, I now regret not having bought any sooner. Personally I've found planet do some nice comfy ones, you can play all day and not feel like you're wearing anything at all until you need padding, then it's reassuringly present. Invest in a good set of pads and you won't regret it