Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Launch of Paintball Players League

Mar 14, 2012
South East / London
Paintball Players League
I'm having a go at starting a new 5 man KOTH series. To be held at Bricketwood Paintball site. This will be a cheaper way for teams to play tourney paintball in the South East of England.
For me, too many teams struggling to keep it together. In the past i have dropped many players into teams to keep em a float. Training new players to filter in were i can. A lot of the time this is due to the high costs.
So whats going to be the difference with Paintball Players League?
. Lower cost to enter, £150 per team
. Using training paint at the tourneys
. From Myself, Free coaching and advice for all players and teams at tourney's and PPL training days
. Paint at £25 a box of 2000
. Structured training days
. When possible, Offering teams spare players where needed
. future plans coming
Please note. Details and game rules to follow, Also training days at Bricketwood.
The PPL is going to be initially for the new player, Who has just payed out for their shinny new gear.
Also players who are looking to return back to our sport. Needing to get back on their game before they are ready for something else.
Some teams may be struggling with the costs, So dropping into the PPL will offer the them opportunity to play in a full tourney series. Instead of folding half way through the year.
For me, my teams need a Good tourney series to hold them together. I have seen a team loose its way dipping in and out of different events. Entering a complete series give you social occasions where a team can gel as unit.
Sorry its short notice before the first event Which is on the 1st of April 2012, But a lot has been happening. Its only now that i can offer these series of events.
Sunday, April 1st
Sunday, May 13th
Sunday, July 8th
Sunday, August 19th
Depends on demand and i will be consulting with the teams who are entering. We may add another event, in June. But for now its just the Four.
The Paintball Players League has backing from our industry GIANTS. Gi Sportz, Dark Sports, DXS, LIPS paintball Supplies Bricketwood paintball site And Manic paintball. The Series couldn't run without these guys Thank you.
Due to the sponsorship from Gi and DXS. Can i please ask that any team or player looking to enter the event. Only use a GI Sportz brand of paint.
Gi Sportz
Dark Sports
DXS
If teams cant source this brand of paint, Then we will have it available on the day. When Pre booked.
Contact details to book your team a slot, Post up or send details to;
pballpleague@btinternet.com
face book: Paintball Players League
Event organiser Darren lewis 07547690306
Thank You

spc632

Sep 1, 2008
good luck m8 with this i think its a great way of getting people into and back into the game. just wish there was some thing like this up in the north or Scotland but hell you can not have everything.

come to think of it may see if we can get some thing like this sorted up here so you never know...
but all the best

mikie

Apr 29, 2004
London
Just what we need, another tournament series run at a training venue (which already homes two sets of events).
With the added bonus of using training paint.

You have Stated the ppl is for "new players" but not defined what a "new player" is.
You then state its also for "players looking to return" and lastly you add teams that can't afford other events.
You also insinuate that your teams will be entering too.

So in short do you mean this is a league for people that play paintball?

Also arnt dxs and gi different companies (I must confess I get confused here since the split and may be wrong)? If dxs are sponsoring but you can only shoot GI paint what do dxs get out of this?

As an aside im a vegetarian and as such don't eat meat but if I did I would hate going to a shop buying pork and getting lamb.

Mar 14, 2012
South East / London
good luck m8 with this i think its a great way of getting people into and back into the game. just wish there was some thing like this up in the north or Scotland but hell you can not have everything.

come to think of it may see if we can get some thing like this sorted up here so you never know...
but all the best
Thanks for the Thumbs up, let hope something like this can make it up North soon.

Mar 14, 2012
South East / London
I understand that i am due some doubts as to my intentions. Anyone who knows me and has been in one of my teams will tell you I'm not in this for the wrong reasons. Please give the PPL time and it will be reinvesting back into paintball. In answer you questions, Please read below.

Just what we need, another tournament series run at a training venue (which already homes two sets of events). Yes there is other series held at Bricketwood.

With the added bonus of using training paint. To help keep cost down.

You have Stated the ppl is for "new players" but not defined what a "new player" is. Someone who is not a seasoned player.
You then state its also for "players looking to return" i have a player who has just came back to the team after having five years off.
and lastly you add teams that can't afford other events. Some teams Cant, i am working with teams that do find it hard to Train and play tourney ball.
You also insinuate that your teams will be entering too. yes i do have teams that are entering the PPL series.

So in short do you mean this is a league for people that play paintball? Yes i hope so.

Also arnt dxs and gi different companies (I must confess I get confused here since the split and may be wrong)? If dxs are sponsoring but you can only shoot GI paint what do dxs get out of this? GI bought out DXS and they are now one great big company.

As an aside I'm a vegetarian and as such don't eat meat but if I did I would hate going to a shop buying pork and getting lamb. I like Lamb

Thank you for your input milki

mikie

Apr 29, 2004
London
Kinda missed the point on all those comments baring the paint one.
I don't understand how you are creating an event for new players but it's also for old players and "poorer" teams, why not just say "I'm running an event undercutting the competition but providing the same facilities. The only diffrence is you have to shoot training paint and I will be sitting In the bus."

I have nothing against the concept I just feel you are adding to an already saturated Callander

Both lamb and pork are fine but when you are offered one you don't expect the other.

Mar 14, 2012
South East / London
Mikie

Think we aren't going to agree on this on. We could go on for days posting the for and against.
I respect your op ion, Even though i don't agree with it. Again thanks for your input.

PS I don't really like sitting on the bus. OH and Pork is also fine.

oddknack

Mar 27, 2010
This looks good, anything to give regular paintball at affordable prices is a win. I know too many people with equipment gathering dust who would otherwise be playing. Seems simple to me, if there is interest, this will succeed. I hope it does! Good luck