Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Launch of Paintball Players League

essx

Sep 10, 2006
Essex
Gotta say I'm with mikie on this... I'll give Darren credit for bring a lot of players through into tournie ball...but this series is another detraction of UK consolidation!

Reactions: Spike and Rikk

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Think I'm with the other two on this as well.

Why not approach Wendy and run it as a KOTH under the wing of the UKM South event??

I really don't think we need another series. I know it's a different level of play, but I do think it's just another destraction from an already difficult time...

Wingy...

Mar 14, 2012
South East / London
Gotta say I'm with mikie on this... I'll give Darren credit for bring a lot of players through into tournie ball...but this series is another detraction of UK consolidation!
Thanks for a half the thumbs up Lol. supporting new players and teams, as they are getting into the game. should keep em in our game, instead of folding. This is what my intentions are.

Mar 14, 2012
South East / London
Think I'm with the other two on this as well.

Why not approach Wendy and run it as a KOTH under the wing of the UKM South event??

I really don't think we need another series. I know it's a different level of play, but I do think it's just another destraction from an already difficult time...

Wingy...
Redskins, What a Great team. Had many excellent battles with you guys over the years. Always told my teams, Even when you team had a bad day. you were still on the podium.(y)

Covered this ground last year, And it just never worked out.:(

essx

Sep 10, 2006
Essex
Thanks for a half the thumbs up Lol. supporting new players and teams, as they are getting into the game. should keep em in our game, instead of folding. This is what my intentions are.

Yeah I.think you misunderstood where my half.thumbs up comes from...I meant regarding samurai as a team...not this idea for another tournie series!!
I can't understand why people cannot see why we need 1 structured league!!

Rikk

Mar 22, 2011
Salisbury
Just seems like someone trying to fill the gap of NSPL/KoTH. And the reason that's taken a break is due to team numbers. Dont think another tournie is what is needed. Consolidation would be the way forward. Teams, will always take new players under their wings.

Reactions: Spike

Frenshy

Sep 19, 2003
warpedsports.com
So long as our Tournament scene is entirely unregulated, run by (mostly) part-time people, and has virtually no bars to entry other than finding somewhere reasonably safe to setup bunkers, tournament series can (and DO!) start and end with alarming frequency! Every year or two we have a new series and usually lose one.

IMHO they usually start up saying they are in it for the right reasons then fail to tell us really what those reasons are, and the usual way to build a team base is to be cheaper than the other guys ! - They then spend the next couple of years trying to tweak the series to try and find a sustainable business model - then invariably grind to a halt as they are not making enough money to sustain it ! Some do this for many years because they have a deep love for the sport - but are ultimately forced to face the financial realities of staging under-attended events.

This is definately not a pop at any of the past, existing, or indeed new, tourny series - without their hard work there would be NO tourny scene in the UK - however I cant help hoping that one day we will be able to step off this perpetual hamster wheel and find a stable, regulated, structure which gives a platform for sustainable growth.

Good Luck to The Paintball Players League guys you have every right to start your new series if you think you can do a good/better job than whats curently on offer, and I hope the players love your events. Is the market currently big enough for another series? Only time will tell.

Mar 14, 2012
South East / London
Yeah I.think you misunderstood where my half.thumbs up comes from...I meant regarding samurai as a team...not this idea for another tournie series!!
I can't understand why people cannot see why we need 1 structured league!!
Paintball players League is not just a tourney series. We will be training players and suporting and forming new teams. Thus we should provide for our own series.