Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Left hand shooting

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
appriciate the frustration in this one. . . .noooobie as u can see >>>>>>>

im right handed so obviosly are more comfortable shooting off the right ....... . but right fingers dont want to walk . . . .

where as the left fingers are leaving trail backs there so fast lol

. . . ..go figure!!!!!!
i often find at laning and running and gunning i am better left handed as i have more support from my right hand stiffening up my shots making them more accurate.

Rgvrip

Dec 8, 2008
Dagenham, essex
true i suppose just caus im right handed dnt mean that i camt be more comfortable on the left . .. . .

but i suppose it's practrice, practice, practice . . . . 'til both side are equal :-(

karseras69

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2006
Canterbury, Kent
you practice and practice. Now i can use either hand just as well. Running and gunning, snapping, laning etc. the only thing i cant get right with my left is holding my gun in my left hand when im diving into the 50s or snake. It is always easier in my right, i dont know why :(

mts7891

Getting wiser by the day
Jul 21, 2008
Stafford
Think he means he couldn't shoot very well / comfortably / accurately left handed as opposed to walking the trigger mate. That's what i got from him using a "site gun" which would most likely be a mech ... Might be wrong though :)
thy were mechs but its just the factor of comfort whilst shooting from left
assumed it would just be practice more than anything, getting used to the feel of it but there could be some other tips etc around.
it was a mech gun but how would this affect it??? ( just curious )
but its also slightly uncomfortable on my own PMR but this could be down to posture and the valve on the air bottle

thanks for all replies

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
Motorcross boy thought you were asking for tips on walking the trigger on your left rather than just general comfort, posture etc. But i came to the conclusion that it wasn't walking due to it probably being a single triggered mech marker (can't walk) :)

Also try playing around with your setup in your room in the mirror .. switching hands as well etc, just getting it comfortable on your left

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
I am sad but i have too huge mirrors in my room on my cupboard door which i cant be bothered to shift so i put masking tape on them in the shape of a teabag a can and a stubby ideal for practicing snapping making sure you can only see the circle of the barrel so its straight it helps for laning from different heights using different hands in different ways. I like to think it has helped me

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Yeah dude, it's just down to practice and experience as the others have said. Just remember: "Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect". Practice it the way you ought to be playing with it (profile, snapping motion, etc.), and once it feels comfortable start speeding up, rather than trying to be really fast and forming bad habits. That's the way I roll anyway.