Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lenses

Dicorpo

Feb 17, 2006
Hey guys, I just don't really understand the massive advantage to amber lenses. I've heard quite a few times that this advantage DOES exist, I've never used an amber lense, so I don't know, but if anyone could shed some light on it, I'd be happy :)

G

Gassy

makes everything sharper

they are much more effective in the woods then supair though.

they can also take a bit of getting used to .

CRASH

Team Rampage
Sep 23, 2008
The Ghetto
Yellow lenses have been used in safety glasses/goggles on construction sites for ages.

A few of the construction sites i have worked on have supplied three pairs of safety glasses, a clear lens for everyday use, a tinted lens for bright sunny days and a yellow/amber lens for dawn/dusk and low light working.

As gassy mentioned the yellow lens is great for woodsball when there is less light as they sharpen your view.

And for those that want to know the nerdy science reason for this, its because the yellow lens blocks out blue, grey and ultravoilet light.
This means your eyes will no longer see the hazy sunlight shining through the trees that usually makes it difficult to see when playing in the woods and you will have better vision in foggy weather as your eyes cant see the light reflecting off the fog.
And they work the opposite way as tinted lenses do, instead of making everything look darker, the bright yellow lens makes things look brighter than they are, ideal for low light situations.

Nosvartu

Attitude Pr*blem
Nov 28, 2008
Harrogate
Yeh like when playing Uk masters and geting blinded by the sun when u have yellow lense :( it a no fun when u play looking at the sun