Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Let's ban camoflauge!

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Baca Loco, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Baca Loco Ex-Fun Police

Baca Loco
    Message Count:
    And not just for pball usage--ban it across the board. Who else is wearing the stuff? Hunters, survivalists and the even further out in the wilderness paramilitary paranoid wackos. Nobody not in the military needs camo. It encourages anti-social, militaristic behavior.
    Half of pballs poor public image goes out the window with the camo. If the UKPSFAQRSTUV or whatever you guys are instigated the ban you could start proving pball should be a sport by leading the way in outlawing the camo image.

2. weedave #0

weedave
    Message Count:
    Im with Baco on this one...

Dave

3. kris yarbles

kris
    Message Count:
    not trying to start an argument

but who are you to tell someone what they can were.

I am a tournament player and to be honest i do laugh at guys turning up in the full combat stuff.

BUT that is their choice!!

4. MarkehB www.markehb.com

MarkehB
    Message Count:
    Hey! I got a camo backpack, i'd have to buy a new one if this ban was enforced, and I cant afford that! :mad:

;)

5. FUBAR Yank Car Nut!

FUBAR
    Message Count:
    I dont really think a ban is necessary, especially for smaller sites that cant really afford to buy a load of new playing stuff.

Advise to sites that "is it really necessary" would be a better idea, mainly for punterball camo is not required at all, I hate the fact when playing with punters that its so hard for you to tell which team they are on red/blue masks and-or guns and/or hoppers would be a much better idea and then some other clothing.

I've got distracted now & lost my line of thought... i'll post again later when ive got my brain sorted out :) ...

FUBAR

6. FUBAR Yank Car Nut!

FUBAR
    Message Count:
    Sorry ive kinda missed the point there a bit...

Camo does give the impression that we are trying to "play at war" sometimes and to be honest, if it was needed everyone playing woodland games, big games etc would all be wearing it too, if we've all figured out that its not necessary it wont do the public any harm to realise that too.
    What good is what I would call "normal" woodland camo when your crouching behind a crate in a pine forrest where the whole floor is "dead pine needle brown":confused: absolutely pointless.

I agree with No camo. after thats sorted, then we can worry about what was in my last post :)

FUBAR

(Got my brain sorted out now :))

Edit: Spelling Error

7. Tyger Old School, New Tricks

Tyger
    Message Count:
    Ok. LEt's ban camouflage.

We can START by banning red and yellow jerseys on concept fields.

Then let's ban green tree frogs.

Then we can ban light blue airplanes, yellow hot air balloons, and bluebirds.

Then let's ban black cars on blacktop, and grey cars on worn concrete. Let's also ban any car not in candy apple red or lime green. Let's ban log cabins in the woods too, they're all camouflaged aren't they?

Come to think of it, let's ban leopards, cougars, brown cats, little grey mice, deer, turkeys, chipmunks, and in fact any animal that comes in brown, black, grey or other subdued colors.

And, most of all, let's ban cows. They're camouflages for winter in their browns and whites, and they produce WAY too much methane.

Sounds too silly, huh? Let's ban EVERYTHING!

-Tyger

(Who knows you're just trying to tweak the collectinve rec-ball nose, but is more than happy to play with you too...)

8. jeevusmaximus Active Member

jeevusmaximus
    Message Count:
    Tyger, surely if you were to ban other camoflaged things the chameleon would be first? If you could find one!

9. FUBAR Yank Car Nut!

FUBAR
    Message Count:
    ? sorry that wasn't ment to pi$$ people off, if you ment me tyger
    :(

FUBAR

10. jeevusmaximus Active Member

jeevusmaximus
    Message Count:
    Fubar, I think the fact that Tyger is (as far as I know) into woodland play, he is generally mocking the whole "ban camo" idea.