Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Life span of Paintballs?

M4rk

Monkey Spankers
Jul 31, 2012
Norfolk
I've been paintballing for a number of years now, but one thing i have never got a clear answer for is how long you can keep paintballs for!
I know it depends upon storage temperature ect.

IS THERE A USE BUY DATE?

I bought some Heat paintballs back in March and they fire fine.. So I assume storing them indoors has helped..

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Lower end paints will last longer with less noticeable difference. Higher grades will need better care like turning the boxes etc. But most paint will last a year without too much degradation if unopened and stored at the right temp. But if you haven't used it within a year you probably should get your ass back to a field.

Reactions: xITMProductions

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
If kept dry and warm most paints are fine to shoot for months .If it's in pots ,either bag it back up or take a few out the top as if under pressure can end up like dice. Top end paint is fine for accuracy ,but gets bouncy .So is fine for training but not great for another tournie .

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
Not really, majority of paint is shipped from overseas so it could be a good month before it gets here. I worked for draxxus a good few years ago and the top end paint would last perfectly for ages as long as it's stored properly. For example I found some hell fire that came in the briefcases that was a good 3 years old and it was still perfect. I think the fresh paint thing is a bit of a myth. As long as there's no air or moisture in the bags it shouldn't spoil.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
to develop most of what's been said above, paint shouldn't ever really become 'un-shootable' if its been sealed since you got it. What you will find is that the performance of paint will get worse the longer its stored, especially if its been unsealed and then bagged up again. Dimples may develop affecting accuracy, and the paint often won't break as well if its been potted up for a while. The only time I'd say paint becomes completely useless is if its been stored in an uncontrolled environment for a long time (e.g. left at the site all year exposed to summer and winter). Generally these conditions cause paint to break in the gun and fly wonky.

Reactions: shoaibaktar

martin-usde

Aug 9, 2009
Birmingham
had some paint balls that i found in the house, i believe they where over 2 years old. shot really well! better then some of the new stuff i've been shooting!