Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

London attacks - what's going on???

D

duffistuta

Originally posted by HERMITT
Apart from the fact that we are in danger of veering massively off in a silly direction, not to mention slightly trivialising the events, paintball is the least of worries!

!
I agree Hermitt, I was just trying to bring in a concrete example of civil liberties affecting Joe Paintballer, because as was said earlier, it's easy to think 'I'm not a terrorist, therefore these things won't affect me'.

D

duffistuta

Originally posted by Ben Frain
Interesting, I took it to mean that EVERYONE in Britain would receive these classes - as such I feel that is a great idea for making sure we are all 'singing from the same hymn sheet'. I agree if just those designated of 'needing' Britishness classes received them they would certainly know a damn site more than the current indiginous population about Britishness...
I think if well-thought out citizenship classes outlining how this country works, what your rights as a citizen are, what's expected of you, the electoral process etcetcetc, became a part of the school cirriculum, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Steve, I thought airsoft was or is being banned because it fell under the description of 'replica guns' and also some police authorities have expressed their concerns with these guns being modified so as to fire real bullets.
Neither of these criterion could be applied to paintball markers mate.

Furry muff - I agree that people may see things differently if they were illustrated using examples taht are a little closer to home. Although pointing out that family members could be victim to Ben Frain's suggestions should be strong enough! Hmmm, suppose it says a little too much about how people view relaitves!!!

I had classes at school that told me about my rights, the electoral and government processes and what the structure of a demcratic society was. Hasn't made me any more or less patriotic. I would in fact suggest that the reason so many people are so keen to distance themselves from being seen as British or English are the connotations this has with the awful racist element contained within our society. The BNP and other racist right wing orgnisations have done more to harm the idea of being British than we realise. Until we can distance the concepts from the racists that have hold of them at the moment. The very notion of being British is a massive turn off for the majority of the population, no matter what the colour of their skin!

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree

I had classes at school that told me about my rights, the electoral and government processes and what the structure of a demcratic society was. Hasn't made me any more or less patriotic. I would in fact suggest that the reason so many people are so keen to distance themselves from being seen as British or English are the connotations this has with the awful racist element contained within our society. The BNP and other racist right wing orgnisations have done more to harm the idea of being British than we realise. Until we can distance the concepts from the racists that have hold of them at the moment. The very notion of being British is a massive turn off for the majority of the population, no matter what the colour of their skin!
Which is surely the reason that 'proper' classes about what it really does mean to be British, where we feel our priorities lie as British people etc would be so useful?? :confused:

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
I would in fact suggest that the reason so many people are so keen to distance themselves from being seen as British or English are the connotations this has with the awful racist element contained within our society.
That's funny... when I think British, I think aggressive understatements, bad cooking, weird tea fetish, and apathetic orthodontists. Racist is way down the list. Like below pith helmets.

D

duffistuta

Originally posted by Robbo
Steve, I thought airsoft was or is being banned because it fell under the description of 'replica guns' and also some police authorities have expressed their concerns with these guns being modified so as to fire real bullets.
Neither of these criterion could be applied to paintball markers mate.
Airsoft cannot be modified to fire real bullets; they are less than half the power of Paintball guns and the chamber size is miniscule. I think you are thinking of air cartridge pistols, which were banned by previous legislation. Airsoft are to all intents and purposes toys.

Paintball guns are, as we know, potentially lethal as is. If someone set their mind to it, it would be easy to go postal on a crowded high street with a Paintball gun and kill or maim people. The calls for a banning of airguins are growing by the day, and Paintball guns are potentially more dangerous. Remember, I have a fair few dealings with shooting associations and people in the know in these areas. They are ****ting it, all of them.

Also, you don't think quite a lot of Paintball guns look like replica guns? Have you looked at Tippmann or a black Angel, for argument's sake? Have you read APG lately?Do you think a twitchy copper is going to take a real close look?:eek:

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001

Technical Info
Model T68
Caliber .68
Action Auto/ Semi/ Burst
Power CO2-standard cylinder
Magazine Capacity 150+
Cycle Rate 15+BPS
Standard Barrel Length 16.00"
Length (with Standard Barrel) 33.00"
Weight (without tank) 6.0 lbs
Effective Range 150+ ft.
Warranty 1 Year

It's ironic that recball could well be the start and end of paintball in this country. Afterall, if SOME paintball markers look like guns; the only safe way to guard the public is to ban them ALL right?

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
To add another side to the whole "whatever it takes to make things safe", I take it that anyone subscribing to that point of view is fine and happy with speed cameras?

After all, all they do is check that you are within the law, and if not, you get a penalty dished out.

Just like having ID cards checked whenever you want to do anything in the future - it's just a check that you are within the law, and if not, you get a penalty dished out.