Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

London Nexus tryouts!

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
So 116 people have viewed this thread over the weekend - how many of you are gonna book in? If not, why not?

No minimum age or experience requirements, just get yourself along and show us what you have got! @Ferrera - got your email, will get back to you :)

Jason_Wheeler_

Mar 8, 2010
Look forward to playing with the people who manage to make it onto the first and second team!

You have literally nothing to loose, come along for a good training day and you never know. The second team is for any and all experience, this could be your stepping stone and route into playing professional paintball.

Make it happen for yourself, or watch it happen for others.

Jason Wheeler

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
Just curious but why are the tryouts being held relatively late?

Have to agree it is an amazing opportunity, especially now there will be Nexus 2 who will be able to train alongside the pro team, but at this point in the season I guess many others like me would have already committed to a team and put a fair bit of their own money up.

Just a point as it may impact the amount of people who might turn up, which could be a bit of a loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Braindead

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
@Stephen

Honestly its a very tough decision on when to run tryouts. The main reason its so late is because we were still working on some parts of the project behind the scenes that needed to be finished prior to announcing it.

Also with the English winter being what it is and with the way sites close down over Christmas, you either have be in before Christmas or wait until late Jan / early Feb and we weren't in a position to go in early December.

I know a lot of teams and players try to be organised and get their things for the next year pinned down almost as soon as the previous season ends and thats totally fine for them to do, but equally a lot of those teams then go into hibernation until about now anyway.

You can't ever please everyone and to be honest I am not expecting the entire country's worth of players to show up. But I feel this is an opportunity which is worth most peoples attention and despite some people having already made plans for this season they have signed up in the knowledge that this is the smart move in the long term.

Like Jason says: Make it happen for yourself, or watch it happen for others.

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
@Ash - DYE Europe

You do make a good point, I guess i'm merely being selfish and just looking at it from my point of view and experiences rather than the bigger picture and logistical standpoint!

And yes, our lovely winter has made it hard for teams to get in decent practices over the off-season. But no doubt that you will be able to pick up the players you need for both teams.

What's the plan for Nexus 2 this season and beyond? I see they're playing CPPS, but will they be taking to the European Stage as well? And will they then act as a feeder for the CPL team?

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
We'll be releasing a bit more info about the 2nd team plans soon, but for the first year and given the short lead time we have to work with we are keeping things more realistic on the schedule. There will be plenty of bang for your buck though that is for sure.

Reactions: Stephen

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
If you are worried about having committed to a team already and having bought kit, speak to your team, they may well understand that this is an opportunity you shouldn't miss. If you make the cut you can always sell the gear you have already shelled out on and I'd be fairly certain that Ash and Nexus have secured a decent level of sponsorship for both squads that you're not going too loose out much. If you don't make the cut you have spent £15 and a couple of boxes of paint maybe, but the value of what you learn on the day will far exceed that, and some of it you can take back to your team.

You'll never know if you'd have made the cut if you don't make the trial.