Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

looking at getting a Magfed marker

DeathStalker789

Aces Ghost
Aug 15, 2013
York
As the title says folks looking at getting a magfed marker. Only dilema I'm hittig is I'm not sure what to go for. Debating between the 9.1 ranger or the tgr2.

RichB

Devoid of ego
Sep 3, 2010
Teeside
Both are good markers although the TGR2 Mk 2 (make sure that you get a Mk2) is what I went for eventually when I got my MagFed marker a while back and was faced with the same dilemma as you. It hasn't let me down at all and is easy to maintain, etc. Only thing is it has no adjustable velocity but instead you do it the old fashioned way by changing the spring (you get a variety of springs with the marker). It's actually very easy and quick to do and the thing is pretty consistent once setup.

nutz247

Nov 3, 2009
near windsor
Personally I went for a DAM as I don't like the idea of going backward to old tech. I've had a t9 if your heart is set on the real steel look I would wait out for the Tiberius t15. Changing springs really? This could be achieved with a grub screw like other markers lazy marker design in my book.

sea-mouse

May 26, 2014
it depends on your own personal style of play. obviously you don't want to be carting about a T9.1 if youre getting up close but from what I have seen if you intend on plinking people off from a distance then they seem to be ideal for that sort of work!

Brownie

smile and wait for flash
Jul 31, 2014
High peak
Rap4 468? I've got a troy elite and it's awesome easy to maintain shoots first strike build it to what ever spec you want.
Don't think there everyone's cup of tea but suits me fine. They do 14,20 and 30 round mags and I think even a box mag.