Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Looking for people to share this great hobby with - Northamptonshire.

NinjaDan666

The Showstopper
Oct 29, 2012
Leicester
Hello guys!

I played paintball for the first time last week and loved it and am thinking of getting into it more regularly.

Im from Leicester and played at Rebel Sports in Ratby which I think was an "ok" site.

I have just bought a mask which is a JT Flex 8 which I understand should be my first purchase. I am hoping this solves the foggy lense issue I had with the rental masks I had to use!

I will be looking to get a marker soon and it will either be the Tippmans A5 Or Tippmans A5 Egrip but im not sure what the difference is exactly and whether the Egripp is actually better and worth the extra money? (Opinions on this welcome by the way!)

As the OP mentioned - im stuck in the same boat - I have a lack of friends that are interested in paintball meaning I have the desire but the lack of actual playing buddies currently to make it possible.

I imagine I may get my Marker next month sometime as im 27 and married with other commitments (bills, mortgage etc and a wife to please!) hence I cant go crazy spending silly money but will need to be a little wiser with what I do buy.

I played "Woodsball" I believe but I would be keen to play anything really I just enjoy playing paintball.

Are there any people here interested in perhaps playing together sometime? What are my options? any walk-on areas in the east midlands possible?
I will look to get a marker/hopper/air cannister next month (end of september) and should be good to play sometime october/november if people are interested!

:)
Hello chap, sorry if this has already been said but Ratby/Rebel do a walk-on. Join the Facebook "rebel sports" or something like that, all the details are on there.
It's cheaper on the walk-on days as they expect people to have their own gear. The people there are all regulars like me and they're setting up the site team again if you're into that.

I haven't played on many other sites as I live in Ratby, but I honestly think it's a lot better than "ok" - you need to play on a "fightclub" day, I've made loads of new friends over the past 10-12 month and I'm there every month for another meet up.

I'm not a serious player but I have a few things now, thanks to this forum and Loz and the crew at Ratby. I'll probably be there again this month and next depending on funds if you ever fancied giving the Ratby site another go?

Mephestic

Sep 1, 2012
Sorry, just realised you're in a team now! Didn't read the rest of the forum :whistle:
Hey ninjadan - I actually played at rebel sports in Aprils Fight club? We may have even met if you were there?

I play with the northant giants at the moment; mainly recreationally with walk-ons as time is tight for other games and they are usually quite far.

Im considering going to Junes Fight club so maybe see you there bud if you make it,

Meph aka Saj

Kdc1980

Jul 30, 2013
Hinckley
I'm actually from Wellingborough haha, I should have said :p Preferably I would like to play both styles, though I have never played tournament before - would very much like to though, but a bit more practice first!

Never played in a team either, just with a mate or two, but everyone's gotta start somewhere right?

Just sucks when you have no one to play with, not sure about turning up to a site on my own haha!
I have gone on my own to a site before and still had a great day running around with own gunners I have never met before you are never on your own playing paintball even if you arrive alone you soon spark up conversations and run as part of a team I have been playing 2 years and every time I go I meet new people and there always friendly and helpful. So just to put it out there for those of you who's mates don't go that often like mine don't be afraid to pop down to your local site and get stuck into a game we will make you feel welcome and not alone cus that's just how we are I'm speaking for paintballers in general here !

Reactions: MorphMann