Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Looking for tips on guns!

Mar 16, 2015
Lowestoft
Hi, I've recently started to get into paintball, I've already bought a mask and all the apparel but now I'm just interested in getting a gun, I would like to know whether or not it's actually worth getting a gun, what's the best gun you can buy for around £200 and also is it very hard to clean and maintain?
I've been looking at the Proto Rail, is there anything else that is better than that?
Thanks in advance.

Demo2222

Mar 29, 2015
I think it is worth getting a gun.
The rail is a good starting option, I would consider the empire Gs as well
Empire has tremendous customer support... Much better than dye

Reactions: xITMProductions

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
For the £200 price bracket look at the following;

Planet Eclipse etek 3/4 and Etha
Planet Eclipse egos and Geo's (07-08 or Geo 1-2)

DM 8-10
Proto Rail 13/14

Empire Mini
Empire Axe

All the above are good markers and can be had for cheap. Watch videos of each on YouTube and read the manuals and if you can try before you buy

Mar 16, 2015
Lowestoft
I think it is worth getting a gun.
The rail is a good starting option, I would consider the empire Gs as well
Empire has tremendous customer support... Much better than dye
The Empire GS seems like a pretty sweet gun but it's a little out of my price range, £310, if I could find a used one that would be awesome!

Mar 16, 2015
Lowestoft
For the £200 price bracket look at the following;

Planet Eclipse etek 3/4 and Etha
Planet Eclipse egos and Geo's (07-08 or Geo 1-2)

DM 8-10
Proto Rail 13/14

Empire Mini
Empire Axe

All the above are good markers and can be had for cheap. Watch videos of each on YouTube and read the manuals and if you can try before you buy
Yeah, I've been watching videos, even though them guns have really good reviews, the empire range is sort of expensive unless I could find a used one, which I will probably try to do, thanks for the help guys, be great if anyone else has any recommendations.

Ayzure

Newbie Paintballer
Mar 21, 2015
It would be a good investment in getting a gun, I would advise getting a 2nd hand, thus not spending a huge amount on your first gun and getting a feel for what is out there.

Mar 16, 2015
Lowestoft
It would be a good investment in getting a gun, I would advise getting a 2nd hand, thus not spending a huge amount on your first gun and getting a feel for what is out there.
That is most likely what I will be doing, will probably look for a Empire Axe or a Eclipse (2nd hand) if I can find one for a decent price I will pick it up.

Womby

Apr 7, 2015
Would you guys say the Etha and the Axe are very similar in performance?

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Hell no. Axe smoother alot quieter. I think more efficient but could be wrong. And I would say axe is more accurate . Lighter. But etha has better spares kit and case .

Womby

Apr 7, 2015
Thank you for the info, that's thrown a spanner in the works for my choice. From what I've read eclipse are a top quality product and fairly problem free. Can the same be said for empire? Not really looked into the axe as much as I have the etha.

Glenn.