Ive ordered both a LP and a HP and are just going to change both

Is there anything else i should do
old one out, new one in, job done :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Consider why it blew. It's good practice to have the regulator serviced.

Everything may be fine, but it may also just blow again in a short while if there are contaminants that have got into the regulator casuing the original blow

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
I've had a quick once over the reg. took the fill nipple off and cleaned etc it so should be ok

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Burst discs are like a fuse in an electrical system, they don't normally just go for no reason and just replacing them usually doesn't work as there's a fault in the system and will blow again. Just cleaning the inside of the fill nipple won't fix it as the problem is usually the seal and little o ring at the bottom of the piston inside the reg, if they're damaged or worn or have dirt on them then they don't seal properly thus allowing the pressure to build up inside the reg to the point the 1800psi burst disc pops. Usually only a full reg strip down and service will stop it from going again. Incidentally there's no need to replace the HP burst disc, the HP burst disc is to protect the bottle (stop it from blowing up) should it become over pressurised.

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
Ah ok well i thought id just change both no harm in that ?

Ive take the reg apart cleaned all the orings aroung the pin and main body checked all the shims ( Think thats what they are called ) and put back togther

If it still blows ive only lost £8 and then its back to the drawn board and will just wait for the regs ive being promised as a mate bust this reg in the 1st place.