Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lubing a new gun out of the box

rupo2

Sep 9, 2014
Does a spoolie need to be opened up and lubed before its first day of play? (2011 rail). I've seen a few opinions around but would value yours before I open it up and lube it in a rush before Saturday's game!

Thomas mann

May 19, 2014
Is this a brand new marker??? Or is it second hand??
If its new then I would suggest trying to fire a couple of pods of paint through it to break it in really and then I would suggest taking it apart and cleaning and line it up . If its a second hand one then I would still break it down and give the internals a once over. You can never be to careful.

Reactions: niloc65

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
With any spoolie I'd suggest ensuring all the threads come apart and are greased. I've some bad dealings with a Proto SLG that was well lubed on the outside but it had never had grease on the threads for the chambers, so when I went to do an o ring replacement/service it was a pig to get apart - I bought it second hand and so was expecting something like this. My Rail(11) and NT(11) both get stripped back to the minimum parts (its not many) and then every o ring and thread is "sparingly" lubed after every days play. DYE / PROTO's like little and often. I've Timmy's (poppets) and they don't like to be opened up so often, but bolts and hammers are always generously covered.
Have fun with the Rail - its a nice marker.

Reactions: Thomas mann

rupo2

Sep 9, 2014
That's great guys, thanks for the advice. It was new and I ended up being too lazy to lube before the game but gave it a good clean and lube afterwards. Getting a bit too addicted to this sport already!

Reactions: Thomas mann

Thomas mann

May 19, 2014
It's always good practice to do it after every days play like niloc65 says even if you feel lazy!!! that's how markers get ruined.

Reactions: rupo2