The Home Of European Paintball

Lucky Air Assist Valve (Ego)

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Ok guys - thanks for the feedback

I'll save my money for now see how the gun performs on stock valving.

Is there an ideal setting for the LPR - or is it down to player preference. I'm guessing that a higher LPR setting will cycle the gun faster, at the expense of less gas efficiency and more kick?

The Eclipse manual tells you how to adjust the LPR but offers little on recommended base settings. I guess I'm a little wary of over adjusting the LPR and doing damage to the solenoid, or popping seals and hoses.

GT
stock settings are dwell 9ms and LPR screw flush with the tip of the LPR housing.

once the marker is broken in (with an 05 gun, this isnt a problem now unless its been stored under a rock for the last 2 years) you can start to adjust the dwell and lpr.

I usually run LPR on an ego at 1 turn in (this lowers the LPR pressure and hence should reduce kick, beleive what you will) which i find gives smoother performance.

no two guns are totally alike and hence different ones will have different optimal LPR and Dwell settings.

You can set you dwell over a chrono, by first acheiving ~280 FPS then lowering your dwell until this drops, then add 1ms. that shuld be your ideal dwell giving best efficiency.

if ive made a mistake im sure someone will point it out.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the set-up advice Lovetone

A great help to this Ego newbie :cool:
FWIW i recommend setting your dwell to 9.5ms and LPR 1 turn in and leaving it unless you see any reason to change it.

A cure bolt is probably the only non-cosmetic upgrade you "need" but you only need that if you are using the brittlest paint and a rapid loader.

Used one for around a month when i had an 05 ego but it never really settled down.
Would get +-10 fps for a few shots then it would spike high or low by 50fps, also had far worse efficiency than stock so removed it.
They do seem to be a bit hit and miss. Im not sure if its setup or tolerances.

My mate has one, it was setup using the settings Lucky tech put earlier in this post.
Its as concistent as any other well setup ego, it just has FAR less kick, that is the only difference.

They do seem to be a bit hit and miss. Im not sure if its setup or tolerances.

My mate has one, it was setup using the settings Lucky tech put earlier in this post.
Its as concistent as any other well setup ego, it just has FAR less kick, that is the only difference.
John,

Can you get a comment from someone at Lucky about these?

Its fairly obvious to me that there is/was a tolerance issue with internal bore of the housing. Is this something that has been sorted on the latest valves? I know lots of people would buy these if they could be sure they would work correctly out of the box.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Been tinkering this afternoon...

LPR screw was set flush. I'd left it like this after I gave everything a good strip, clean & lube, but now increased this to 1.5 turn in from flush. Dwell was set at 8.0ms - now increased it to 9.0ms

Gun has a lot less kick now but need to fine tune over chrony

Trigger felt well out and had a long travel. Adjusted pre/post travel to get TTband readings spot on, then set the TTtol to reduce bounce. Ended up with a really short 1mm travel on a pull/release setting of 1.0ms. TT tol had to come down to 2% to reduce bounce on slow trigger pulls - does this sound about right?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
The saga continues

Update

Now got the LPR set at 2 turns in, and Dwell set at 9.5 using the velocity drop test. The gun is very consistent around the 280fps mark +/- around 3fps, but I've noticed the first shot drop off has increased to about 260fps.

The FSDO is set at 3.0 which is max for standard board, so no scope to increase it further. I'm wondering if the LPR is now set too low to give enough ram pressure to overcome FSDO and needs to come up a 1/2 turn or so?

Any suggestions?