Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lv1 bbss fault

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
I cant knock the energy batteries like, the first one lasted about 6month, playing at least once a month going through 4k paintballs, and since i got it back from planet with a fresh energy battery its still showing as full, and that was 3? month back.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I'm currently using a standard (gold & black) Duracell battery in mine now and all seems fine so far.
So general opinion looks like Procells are no use in an Lv1 then :(.
it's weird as my understanding is the procells are just the industrial variants (read sold in boxed quantities) of the standard duracell. I know duracell have a few high power variants which are not equivalent
just seems that way, maybe it's a batch issue, but does seem to have a pattern.

as most issues with Egos are resolved with a new battery, this may be that the tolerances for this is just much narrower. I have a GSL and 3.1 on the way, so I will be able to assess if this is just Ego specific

I cant knock the energy batteries like, the first one lasted about 6month, playing at least once a month going through 4k paintballs, and since i got it back from planet with a fresh energy battery its still showing as full, and that was 3? month back.
I use the Energy batteries in my Clone GTi and it has a decent lifespan... and using them on the LV1 sees similar performance

6 months... you need to get on the field more! ;)

Paul Harvey

Dec 22, 2013
Another thing I forgot to mention was when the lv1 came the macro line tube that goes from the trigger to the grip was on backwards and had to turn it round.. I was reading a few more posts and it seem to have happened to a few .. Weird ?

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
was the energy battery in the marker from new? as it could of been sat in the marker on a shelf for 9 month.......

as i say mine had to go back to eclipse with the same issue, tried brand new batteries and an LV1 tech had a look at it and couldnt fathom it.

if you have a look in the Planet Eclipse section of the forum, theres the warranty centre info bit, tells you how to set it all up so you can send it off to be sorted.

burnzy1989

its time to make a solid stream line of paint
Jul 7, 2008
Shropshire
well its a small blip , but like we all know when their is a new product it has bugs that obviously need sorting so i can only guess the next gen of lv s will hope fully bo sorted , but hop fully they might have a software up date that might fix this problem

Barrage

Oct 19, 2009
Liverpool
my lv1 is also fussy about what batteries are used. Ive had problems with Duracells as well. I've resorted to using a lithium ion rechargeable (780mah) last week and had shot 2 boxes of paint (ambient temp 4oC) problem gone. I've owned eclipse ego 9, ego 11, bob long G6R which aren't so fussy about battery types. Even my Geo3 doesn't have this problem

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
Tried a different Duracell battery (black & gold) got about 3 games out of it before my velocity went all over the place and my eye's went into fault mode so swapped it out for a Panasonic Energizer and it seemed to work ok for the rest of the day which was cold.