Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lv1 pro vs geo 3.5

Mikee2793

Apr 5, 2016
Hi,

As the title says, looking to get either one of these as a new gun, just wondering on peoples opinions/ reviews/ main differences?

I am aware it usually comes down to personal preference, i currently have an etek4

Thanks in advance

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
I own a lv1 and if your happy with the way the etek 4 shoots then the lv1.1 is the one for you and will be a revelation compared to your old etek.

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
I've had a few LV1's and now have a couple of 3.5's
Either marker is reliable accurate and air efficient .
I prefer the looks and feel of 3.5's, LV1 is a bit more stretched out.
Maintenance of either is simple.
Both are available at cheap prices second hand.

Mikee2793

Apr 5, 2016
Thanks guys, I'll have a look around see what I can find, I've used a geo 3.5 as teammates have them but no one I know has an lv1 but I'm sure I can't go wrong with either

rwest1987

Mar 26, 2015
I'd personally go for a 3.5. If you're new to spoolies then that would be the best marker to go for as Eclipse gear isn't as high maintenance as say a Vanquish or a Luxe. The 3.5 will have the softer shot but will be less air efficient as a result.

The LV1 is a great marker though, I used to have one and it was an absolute workhorse and never skipped a beat. Plus it was really easy on maintenance. The plus point for this is that it is slightly more air efficient and the poppet system is something you already know how to work on. Plus in my opinion, it looks cooler than a 3.5 as you get to see the bolt move backwards and forwards.

Mikee2793

Apr 5, 2016
Cool thanks, taking hem apart/maintenance isn't much of a trouble I'm used to taking things apart and maintaining things as I've always taken apart and rebuilt things haha but is still a consideration obviously :)

Any trouble with the bolt in a wet/muddy snake? On an lv1, obviously the 3.5 is sealed so shouldn't have a trouble with that, with the new m500 rule where we only have 2 pods the air efficiency shouldn't be too much of a problem

Thanks for the opinions/help guys

rwest1987

Mar 26, 2015
I've never had any trouble with the bolt on an LV1 as I didn't really use it when the conditions got wet/muddy. I've heard stories about the bolt getting mud/water/paint in it and didn't want to risk it. I got my backup marker out when the conditions got bad, just in case I did get something in the bolt.

Chin Balls

Oct 16, 2015
I have recently started playing and i'm looking at purchasing an upgrade for the next CPPS in June. I'm currently using an empire Axe and everybody is telling me to get my first Eclipse, either an Lv1 or Ego 11. Is it worth spending the extra money to buy new or wait until a good used marker pops up? Anything I should look out for when buying second hand?

Last edited:

rwest1987

Mar 26, 2015
It's entirely up to you. I've got an axe and it is great as a backup marker.

You can get some great deals on used markers. Planet Eclipse is know for reliability and ease of maintenance. There should be a few on the forums here so that would be a good place to start.

New markers are great, but a lot more expensive. If you want a shiny new toy then you have to go new. The LV1 has gone down in price recently so you could pick one up new for a lot less than you could a year ago.

thomasbear

Aug 12, 2014
Milton keynes
Chin mate have you shot a eclipse gun as personally I am an eclipse player but have heard just as much positive feed back about axes as I have about lv1 or geos. So actually see if you can play with one before you buy. Also if you are looking at getting into a cpps team. You might end up needing to buy some new gear depending if and who they are sponsored buy. So don't rush if your axe is holding strong wait till you need better don't just get it because everyone tells you 2