Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25....what a waste of time!!!

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
I was gonna start off by saying what a great venue it was....and about the other pluses of the event....but i cant. and i have been an advocate of what Sparklie is trying to do with this series, and i have only spoken the truth in the past, and i will continue to do so.

The judging at this event was among the worst i have ever seen, and i played Portugal!!! judges were rooted to the spot, did not make checks, did not even know the rules in some places, did not make decisions. They were AWFUL!

I will give examples of this to back up what im saying,

On the draxxus field, residue Dogs vs some other team, the Dog player was in the tape stand up bunker and one of the opposing players was sure he had shot him, the judge stood still on the wrong side of the player ignoring the call to go and check him. Thgis lasted for about 25 seconds with the player screaming for a paint check! Eventually the Dog player who had been hit turned to the judge when he noticed the paint and the judge pulled him out. props to the Residue Dog player....wtf was the judge doing??:mad:

the judges on the Draxxus field were slow, and honestly they would have been better if they had not bothered to turn up!:mad:

The judges on the RPS field were equally as bad! They were slow to check, and in most cases didnt even bother. They were watching the wrong players, and often stood in the wrong places. At one stage in one of our games there were 3 judges standing next to each other watching the same player! there were still 5 other players on the field!:mad: Why do these guys even boither to turn up if they are not going to put the effort in??

My team marshalled the last M25 event, and we were all making a concious effort to marshall fairly and by the rules! Why the hell do teams that judge feel that they do not have to do the same???!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

the only field that i saw was marshalled well was the Smart Parts field.......Props to Outcast.

The Blue and white field was marshalled equally as badly. In our game against the tigers, none of the players had any odea what was going on in the game cos of the inconsistency of the marshalls. One of our guys was mugged in the 50 tape lay down by a Tiger. The judge ruled that the Tiger player had been hit before he mugged our player, so our player was left in. The judge did not wipe down our player who had been hit about 9 times, all over his body, gun and goggles. the judge just told him to play on. When our player moved to another bunker, a different judge pulled off his armband saying Clint had been hit. when the other marshall came over to explain, they both put Clint back in the game with no armband on, and didnt wipe him down. even though he was my player, if you have ur band removed you are out! Whether it is the wrong or right decision, it has been made, it shouldnt be adjusted. The Tigers were then baffled by an opposition player running round the field, with shots all over him, and no arm band on!:confused: And rightly so!!!!!

It was without doubt the worst piece of judging i have ever seen!!

Why bother if you are going to do a crap job? Teqams pay a lot of money to get treated by the rules, and there is NO EXCUSE for not knowing the rules and being a judge at one of these, or any, event!:mad: :mad:

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!:mad:

Sam

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
I thin this is the part where people say well if you have such a problem with it step up to the task and do it yourself....but you have already proved your worth! Tis a shame to hear the judging was of a poor standard :( hope it improves for the next leg... still this is the first year and it's all a learning curve... props to Sparklie for having the guts to hang her balls out there! (so to speak;) )
Robin;)

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Robinator
I thin this is the part where people say well if you have such a problem with it step up to the task and do it yourself
Already marshalled one leg, and would like to play in the rest!

If the judging does not improve, i cant see teams bothering to attend future events! Why pay a lot of money, to be screwed over repeatedly by judges who have no idea how to judge??

Its a shame cos Sparklie puts a lot of effortt to making the lifes of the judges as easy as possible, food, drink always available free of charge, and she pays a decent wage! Why do these judging teams throw it back into her face and not repay her by doing a good job??

With the exception of the Outcast guys today......judges, you were ****! And did not deserve any of the money you were paid!

:mad:

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
i had a great day mate, only cos the team that i am on are wicked, when ever there is a long break, or **** happens, the football comes out and so do the nerf rockets!:D

The judging was piss poor, but the day was still fun!

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Trouble is matey, and i mean no disrespect by this, but what the series needs is experienced marshalling teams to step up and judge events. But the reason why this will never happen is because many of the top teams that play the Millennium events use the M25 just as we do, as training for the Millennium Series. As such there is no way that these teams, who would be the best teams to marshall, will ever judge an event. So i cant really see how any of the judging will ever get any better in the series because the only teams who will do it are hugely inexperienced.

Something else is the age of the judges. I know ity shouldnt be, but young judges will get taken advantage of a whole lot more than a older judge. The last M25 event that we judged, the other 2 fields were staffed by a lot of young kids who were too easily pushed around by the players. With age comes the experience with which to deal with players who have the adrenaline flowing. There were situations today that the judges from the last evetn would not have been able to cope with at all!! Hell, the older guys didnt do any better but thats not the point!

sam

fordanaldino

Mangos birdage
Mar 16, 2003
House of CP
www.protopaintball.com
I have one little dig that i think should come out. I know this was my fault but whilst playing doa zealots (who played really well so well done) i slid in to my first baricade and low and behold this 6 foot tea bag rises into the air and onto its side. Im left hanging in the middle of the feild scrambling towards my fallen bunker. I mean i know i must have hit it to hard but im a small lad and it should have been able to take that force.
What i saw on the smart parts feild was the way to go. Checking the pegs in the bunkers before a game so this kind of situation doesnt occour.
Had fun though...................:D

Y2chris99

pbnation 4 lyfe
May 2, 2002
Norbook Massive
Visit site
the judges on the Draxxus field were slow, and honestly they would have been better if they had not bothered to turn up
ur rite m8. on the field 2 they wernt takin bands off so all players were shooting ppl who were out. they were not involved in the game at all

im_lost_i_think

Jun 10, 2003
dont know im lost
Visit site
Not just that Dead players wasnt putting there hands up a i saw more than 5 people get lit up cause live players thought thay were alive still. one guy even played on when asked if he was alive or not but no reply so the player who asked shot him in the head and grabed the flag, as he ran back to the other end the player how didnt answer and got shot on the head turned round and lit him up:mad: thats not right and he new he got shot on the head:mad: