Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Man Dies while filling Paintball Marker with Air

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Hmmmmm, sounds like a dolphin collaborator, smell his breath............ahhhhhh mackeral, get him lads.

But, seriously, this thread was getting a bit vicious so I thought I'd lighten the mood.

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
INJECTIONS

sorry to dissapoint but we dont expel all air from syringes before we give an injection, i think some old wife told you that how, you need a good 100ml of air to cause a venous air embolism (the thing that stops the heart working well) and no your heart does not explode. Arterial embolism needs much less air but is more difficult to do. CO2 is more soluble in blood than air too.

Air stored at higer pressure than co2 and ability to cross intact skin is a function of the pressure therefore air more dangerous. Explosion is much the more important factor.

How

Back for good
Jul 1, 2002
Bucks
Ok i wasnt sure, i just heard it was bad to get an air bubble injected into you. Also the missuse of CO2 from tanks (for paintballing anyway) doesnt increase to global warming anymore than if we fire it or if paintball wasnt around as all the CO2 we use is recycled from the air anyway.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Given that your car will probably be producing the same amount of CO2 in the 200-mile round trip there and back as you are using in your marker during the day, I don't think it's that much of an issue :)

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Agggggggghhhhh finally someone agrees, as I've mentioned before (including the higher solubility of Co2 in the blood) and thanks for agreeing on the EMBOLISM thing, everyone else insists on calling it an aneurism (which is a rupture not an airlock) the sub 100ml bubble thing is from watching too much casualty. So thankyou adrenochrome.
Rabies As for the CO2 produced by a car engine? well, I never said it was poisonous (after all, you breath it in with every breath, and produce it as a by product of respiration. Co2 gets dangerous when it's concentration increases, say, if a bulk tank develops a slow leak in an enclosed space.once it gets to 3% you get lightheaded/headachy and at 10% your unconscious-- then it's too late, as it's heavier than air it's building up at floor level, diplaces the oxygen and you don't wake up, asphyxia not poisoning. Water aint poisonous but you can't breath it. Plenty of proof too, just look on the HSE and american gas safety sites for cases of CO2 related deaths (fortunately non related to paintball as Co2 storage is good at every sight I've been to).

And HOW, I was kidding about the global warming thing, for god's sake, I was just sick of you arguing with people who know better. again, I TEACH A-LEVEL CHEMISTRY. Also, we don't recycle CO2 from the air, there's enough of it in there, it's about 1% then 21% oxygen and the rest mainly Nitrogen so it's produced artificially by methods too boring to go into.

Damn this is boring. Can we get back to the dolphins, I liked the dolphins.
So, stop arguing with us, I know stuff, Adenechrome knows stuff.

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Aggggggghhhhhhh sorry Philip, if it's any help your not really meant to understand any of that stuff as we make it up as we go along, we think it makes us look clever.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
Rabies As for the CO2 produced by a car engine?

(snip)

Damn this is boring. Can we get back to the dolphins, I liked the dolphins.
Dammit, my CO2 comment was about the dolphins, nothing to do with safety or anything. In fact the first internal combusion engine (a gas engine, not petrol) was invented by Etienne Lenoir, (wait for it) a FRENCHMAN! He was probably in league with the dolphins then. Oh yes, they have been plotting against us for centuries.

I have to go now, there's a damp grey figure at the door, and he seems to have a parcel for me...