Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marker Buying Guide for Newbies

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Mechanical markers do have their place, yes. But they're inevitably designed to be hard wearing and, from a firing mechanism point of view they're ..... unrefined. I've never seen a mechanical marker shoot high quality paint (save for a few very well tuned cockers) without issue, whereas you can rock up with an Etek that has the same level of ruggedness as any mechanical marker with the ability to shoot brittle paint.

I've never seen an Etek go wrong before, and that's saying something. They're basically tanks.
A couple of words, AGD Mag.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Even a bit less these days... there;s an ego 10 going for under £200 for sale on here ATM

White_Wolf

May 15, 2016
Scotland
An interesting thread, thank you all kindly .... I haven't seriously researched modern paintball equipment for well over 10 years , so I guess I better (a) start reading, and (b) start trying to think of at least 20 intelligible posts I could make to get past my "Probie" status.

Cheers
Spencer

wayneo70

May 30, 2016
Harlow Essex
Good guide wish I had seen this before buying the Bob Long insight ,great gun when it's working but no tech support this side of the Atlantic although to be fair when I phone Blast they are brilliant.But its costly to get repairs done!

beginnerguy1002

Jun 18, 2016
Hi,
Thanks for the great article. I´m just starting out with paintball, so far I´ve been renting guns. And to be honest, the quality of those guns are pretty bad. I´ve decided to buy my own gun and have set a budget for ~$500. I found this article on the best marker https://paintimpact.com/best-paintball-gun/. Is this article legit? They recommend the Planet Eclipse ETEK5 marker, which fits my budget. Is that a good choice? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks.