Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marker Buying Guide for Newbies

S2thet

Aug 9, 2015
Canvass you2 a quick question pls. My local centre only uses 50 cal. Do 68 cal fire the 50? If not I'm guessing I need a 50 cal marker to improve my game as there's nowhere close to South Wales apart from my local centre

S2thet

Aug 9, 2015
Best piece of advice, mask first, marker last. Get yourself a good mask and go to a walkon and rent a marker for the day. While there you can ask guys to hold/shoot their markers most will be happy to oblige. That way you'll get a feel for what sort of marker would suit you and you will be better informed on the classifieds.
Thanks alot jim. I got a good dye4 mask off gumtree it's like new. Not really any walk on.snearme and the only guns used are the basic rentals. Tillman 50cal

S2thet

Aug 9, 2015
I've looked online where to find walk ona etc but it's well hard tryin to find places that aren't 100s of miles away

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
50 cal is rarely used outside the rental market mate. I have to travel for walkons big game and tournaments. Don't buy a 50cal

Reactions: S2thet

S2thet

Aug 9, 2015
Ok I wont. I was going to buy a cheap 2nd hand 50cal just to practice on local centres etc. I've read a lot about the bt4 it's pretty basic and every1 says I can upgrade what I like. I got a fewhundredand would rather agood secondhand marker tbh. i don't know the difference between the shooting systems etc

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
No you can't unless you have a conversion kit for the marker you have. Plnt eclipse made one for the ego and etek series but it was expensive.

S2thet

Aug 9, 2015
No you can't unless you have a conversion kit for the marker you have. Plnt eclipse made one for the ego and etek series but it was expensive.
Alrite thank you mate. Anything you could recommend I keep an eye out for on the for sale forums? A specific make of gun or brand??!? Sum1 mentioned smart ion???

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Ions are solid for the money but difficult to work on for the new player which is why they get such a bad reputation for reliability. Etek or Mini are what I usually recommend to new players.

S2thet

Aug 9, 2015
There's an ion for sale £50 on classified also an ego6. For £180 I still can't talk there yet lol. Ile look on there for etem aswel. When you say work on do you mean when they break? Are markers easily broken?? Jammed up etc