Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marker Idea. Would anyone buy it?

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I seem to remember that - was aimed at rental sites to allow them to cap punters firing rates when running days for beginners and kids IIRC

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
Well the idea would be pretty simple. Its basically an electric marker like any other electric marker. Two modes, semi and pump. In pump mode the marker simply won't fire until pumped. Once primed the marker would fire once. Everything else would operate exactly like an normal marker.

No plans, was just a silly throw away idea. Just thought it would be sweet to have a marker that could be used as a pump and a semi at the press of a button. Of course it would need a pump handle, i suppose you could make it removable.
So essentially what you have in mind is a pump gun where the pump action does nothing whatsoever except provide an input to the board to allow it to fire. It wouldn't actually be doing anything mechanical, it wouldn't be integral to the operation of the marker, it would literally be nothing more than a glorified button.

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
So essentially what you have in mind is a pump gun where the pump action does nothing whatsoever except provide an input to the board to allow it to fire. It wouldn't actually be doing anything mechanical, it wouldn't be integral to the operation of the marker, it would literally be nothing more than a glorified button.
Yes. No mechanics, just a button. The pump arm which could be removable would be entirely to simulate using a pump.
I've discovered that Palmers make a cool mechanical pump/semi marker. witha removalble pump arm and is switched with an allen key.

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
Yes. No mechanics, just a button. The pump arm which could be removable would be entirely to simulate using a pump.
I've discovered that Palmers make a cool mechanical pump/semi marker. witha removalble pump arm and is switched with an allen key.
Well then you've confirmed to me that you're thinking of a gun that every single pump shooter I know wouldn't touch with a bargepole.

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
Well then you've confirmed to me that you're thinking of a gun that every single pump shooter I know wouldn't touch with a bargepole.
Fair do's. Its seems like apart from a few markers this style of hybrid pump/semi marker is very rare and there are no electronic versions.
Just to clarify, I ain't making this, its not a project, it was just a question/idea as I thought there was a gap in the market and wondered why. It is a marker that would appeal to me though, but its seems nobody makes it and I think I see why now.

Reactions: H

Fenix_Sweden

Long time baller
Nov 7, 2015
Halmstad, Sweden
E-mags/x-mags have an interesting design that makes it possible to switch between electo and mechanical. AGD actually use the same trigger assembly in there mechanical and electronical guns. Maybe you can pick up a few good ideas from it.