Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mask Dyeing

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Quick question. Did you remove the sponge lining from around the lense framesn before dying or did you chuck the lot in the bucket?
I chucked the whole thing in and then rinsed it a lot afterwards until the water came out clear.
The dye shouldn't sweat off otherwise you'd turn green if you dyed a Tshirt.

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
On a related note, this can also be done to dye the rubber part of grillz (if you have the white set)
I've experimented this morning with an old set of profilers and i3's, The profilers took on a slight hint of the colour as did the i3's faceplate. So I imagine you can do subtle colour changes on those but not major ones.

The clear lense frame of the i3's has gone a nice transulcent dark green. (and the foam fell off)

It seems the proflexes are just made out of the right material for the dye to work on as this also works on flex 8's and flex 7's
If someone wants to donate old or broken flex parts, I will try out some of the other fade and masking techniques for the guide.

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
I know its a bit of an old thread, But il have just dyed a set of stained up white hb proflex's useing the directions from Andy, they came out perfect and will post a picture once they have dried.