The Home Of European Paintball

Matrix Or Viking?

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by p8ntballr07
that is the question, i cant decide and i dont know where i can try a viking. but i have tried a matrix and i like the trigger on it. so can anyone help out???
Ok I'll try and give you an unbiased view, I've owned a Viking and played a couple of games with a matrix.
Maintenance, Matrix require stripping and cleaning around every 4000 shots or at least every tournament, this I beleive doesn't take 'that' long but is still somthing to bare in mind its not like the viking that simply requires a wipe down, maybe a couple of drops of oil in the ASA every couple of weeks or so.
Efficiency, I've still not seen anything come close to the Viking, I've heard the stories about the 'red bolt' and 'gun 20 chips' but not seen it with my own eyes.
Reliability, I've seen nowt but problems with the matrix, the one we had on the team when I played in Dyehard had a problem a tournament at least. And the team we practice with all use matrixes I'd say at least 1 marker a week has a problem.
ROF, equal now the rof cap has been lifted from the viking.
Consistancy, not really seen the matrix in this department, the viking with good paint is +/- 2 fps.
Upgrades, the matrix needs to be upgraded to compete with the viking. The viking comes stock out the box the most efficient, consistant and east to shoot marker I've used yet, the only upgrade I'd get for a Viking would be a 'razor blade' trigger.

Hope that helps,

Paul.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
The Matrix is an awesome marker. You can't go wrong with the new LCDs. Lots of people are shooting them, and they are very easy to fix.
Diablo tech support is very good, and there's tons of upgrades out there, and tons more in the pipe line. There's even several anti-chop eyes being developed by different companies.

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
I will have to second that point made by Red_Merkin. I have had a LCD Matrix for 6 months now and not had a problem with it. It fires accurately, and is efficient to boot. The speed is amazing, just need a better hopper to keep up with it now, and it has little to no kick when firing. A very stable and well rounded marker.

As for the Viking.............SHUSH!!! :D

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Shuck
I will have to second that point made by Red_Merkin. I have had a LCD Matrix for 6 months now and not had a problem with it. It fires accurately, and is efficient to boot. The speed is amazing, just need a better hopper to keep up with it now, and it has little to no kick when firing. A very stable and well rounded marker.

As for the Viking.............SHUSH!!! :D
But you have to admit they aren't a marker you can wipe off and forget about for a month!

Paul.

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Originally posted by Paul_collier
But you have to admit they aren't a marker you can wipe off and forget about for a month!
Thats exactly what I do with mine and it has seemed to work fine at the moment (fingers crossed). Usually give it a decent clean (insides and bolt lubing ect) whenever I can, but with the season getting more hectic as the months go on, free time is rarer!

Will have to dig out that advert I saw for gun cleaning biatches. £10 and you get a spit polish! ;)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Shuck
Thats exactly what I do with mine and it has seemed to work fine at the moment (fingers crossed). Usually give it a decent clean (insides and bolt lubing ect) whenever I can, but with the season getting more hectic as the months go on, free time is rarer!

Will have to dig out that advert I saw for gun cleaning biatches. £10 and you get a spit polish! ;)
From what I've seen so far I'd say that yours is the exception as apposed to the rule, but maybe its the other way round :confused:

Hope yours keeps that way though! :)

Paul.
:)

mikeyg

Oct 23, 2002
Saint Paul, MN USA
Visit site
I had a Titanium LCD Matrix and I was not very good at keeping up with maintenice and it always worked awsome. The air "problem" that people keep talking about is not that big of a deal. Personally I think it is the angel owners and cocker owners (I am not trying to pick on any one I now own a Angel and usee to own a cocker) trying to justifiy buying a super expensive marker over a fairly low priced gun that can compete with either. That is just my thoughts on the subject though.