Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

maverick problems

badmothercocker

Jul 10, 2001
Dorset, UK
Visit site
hi,
me and my friends have started to paintball, (which is why i am looking for a gun) is there anyone who knoes n e thing about a maverick? one of my mates maverick is leaking, the sound is comming from the barrel, does anyone no how i can fix this?
Please can u help me!

Thanks

bAd

SOunds like its probably just the cup seal on the valve stem that's gone. Nice and simple to fix but you will need to get hold of a new seal. Unscrew the back screw, pull out the stem. Then use a spanner to remove the valve from its housing.. The cup seal is the little white seal u see on the valve, its probably that that's gone.

K

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
What Kieran says is spot on. However, the maverick is a bit funny, and ACI calls the cup seal the impulse seal (dunno why), and nowadays they are black. Could also be that any of the small rings on the valve assembly is FUBAR, but it's in that area you have to look. It shouldn't cost more than a few bucks to get it fixed.
Good luck.

P.S. when checking to see if the gun is still leaking thru the barrel, make sure it's not loaded. I don't think an ear full of paint is good for you! :D :D