Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Midfield?

Oct 4, 2001
Perry, GA
Visit site
I check several boards on the net and constantly read post on backplayers and even more on front players. But what about midfielders? Chris Lasoya, if I'm not mistaken, is a midfielder yet nobody ever talks about the posistion. I'm pretty athletic and love to blow people's heads off so I've always been considered a front player. Lately though I've been hangin back a little. I see things so much better and I just feel more comfortable on the field. So what makes a good midfielder and how can I become a better one?

GPS

Manning26

Well GPS, if you think you were a strong front player, you'll probably be fine as a mid'. You'll need your front' skills for when you lose your front guy, and you have to run into his spot, so not much difference there. I'm sure you've noticed though that since you can see a bit more from your new spot on the field, your communication skills must be better. You may now have two front players to babysit, and feed info to. You have to shoot the guys coming in to bunker them, basically, you have more responsibilty, you're not just worried about snapshooting and bunkering, you have to take care of your teammates. Also, it seems to require a bit of discipline in the way of, you can't always go screaming up the field bunkering, you may have to get your front guys to do it, seeing as how you'll have a larger run out in the open now. Not saying mid guys are out of that, my brother plays mid, and I play front, and he's bunkered plenty more people than I have. But that is like you said, you can see the field better now, you can see if you're clear to take off, and destroy the other team. Um, yeah, I'm on the edge of rambling now, so I'll stop. Good luck, Buddy.:)

George

Jul 17, 2001
Ohio, USA
Visit site
I'll agree with what Manning26 said. I played a front position with an NPPL 10-man team for a while, and when personnel changes started occuring, I moved to a mid position and that is where I play now that I am captaining a team. You guys are on the right track. A mid-field spot can see more that the front guys because they can keep their head out longer, they must coordinate with the back players because they can see even better than you can. You have to get into the thick of it with your front guys, and fill the spot when you have lost one of them. You along with your back guy, need to move up when your front guys take up more field. Don't allow them to get too far away from you or else you cannot help them like they need you to. You have to tell them when they can put their nose out and take a shot. You have to tell them when and how to tuck in. Don't dictate to them, but help them because they cannot see what you see. Make sure to tell them what part of the bunker the opponents are shooting from (like low-left) and when they are going up the field finishing the game, be right behind them. As they are running, bunkering and turning heads, shoot up the guys that are starting to **** because they are worried about the bunkerings that are coming, and will expose themselves to your paint. Don't lose your front guy skilss, because when your front guy gets shot out, you are the man who has to step up and fill the bunker.